Thread: How to connect Samsung G600 phone to N130 Netbook ?

How to connect Samsung G600 phone to N130 Netbook ?

Hello friends, I have recently purchased a Samsung G600 phone which I am trying to connect to my Samsung N130 netbook but the netbook is not detecting the phone when connected. The operating system on the netbook is Windows Vista. Whenever I try to connect the phone to the netbook using a USB cable, it gives an error message saying "Device cannot be detected". I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. So if anybody can tell me How to connect Samsung G600 phone to N130 Netbook ? then I would be really grateful. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: How to connect Samsung G600 phone to N130 Netbook ?

Check the USB cord which you are using to connect the phone to the computer. The USB cord consist of many lines of conductors which easily get damaged due to improper storage or improper handling. If any of the lines of the conductor get damaged then the communication between the computer and the phone will not be proper which will lead to devices not getting detected. Change the USB cord and see if the phone gets detected or not.

For the device to work properly when connected to the computer, appropriate drivers are to be installed. Drivers act as the mediator between the operating system and the device. Hence if the appropriate drivers for the mobile are not installed then the device will not work. Visit the official website of Samsung and download the latest drivers which are available for the phone which you are using. Once the download is complete, install the drivers and connect the phone. See if the phone gets detected or not.

You will require a Samsung PC Studio software to be installed on the computer for connecting the phone to the netbook. Samsung PC studio is the application which helps in successful communication between the phone and the operating system. This application is available in the CD pack which is provided with the phone. Install the PC studio and then connect the phone to the computer. The phone will be detected and you will be able to transfer media files such as songs, pictures etc from the computer to the phone and vice a versa.

It is not necessary to install the software for transferring data from the computer to the phone. You can directly transfer media files from the computer to the phone by activating the Mass storage mode of on the phone. In Mass storage mode, the phone acts as a removable drive which can be used for data transfer. To connect the phone in Mass storage mode, open the main menu and select settings. Go to phone settings and select PC connection. Select Mass storage mode and connect the phone to the computer. The phone will be detected as the Removable disk.