Thread: Inspiron 6000 - LCD doesnt work but external monitor does

Inspiron 6000 - LCD doesnt work but external monitor does

I am using Dell Inspiron 6000 and i am getting blank screen on display of this laptop. I have given an information about my laptop exactly what it does when i try to start it.
    • LCD works when laptop starts until the ATI drivers are loaded.
    • External monitor works perfectly.
    • Fn+F8 brings an only 'monitor' icon.

Re: Inspiron 6000 - LCD doesnt work but external monitor does

This could be happening because of the display drivers installed on your windows operating system. Actually before some time i have seen this kind of issue on my computer system which was not displaying anything. I just inserted a windows drivers cd and reinstalled the drivers and my problem have gone. You may also try the same by using your windows driver cd.

I would like to ask you the date when you have bought this laptop as if it is under warranty then you should first of all contact with the dell service center to deal with the screen issue. If there would be any damaged or mistake in your display then you will be getting a new display screen if you are lucky. Even if it is not under warranty as at least you would be knowing that is there anything wrong with your LCD or not.

Which version of windows operating system you have installed on your laptop as it also could cause if you have installed a drivers of wrong version of your windows operating system. If you are using 32 bit version windows then you must have installed drivers for 32 bit windows os. And suppose it is 64 bit then it is but obvious that you have to use 64 bit drivers.

When your windows operating system gets infected then it can also show you the blank screen on the display if the virus which have infected the system files of your windows os. As a result your windows display driver have got corrupted by the infection and it can not support the display of your windows. Simple way to get rid of this situation it to reinstall the new windows os.

As you have said that your laptop can work with an external monitor and it only shows the blank screen on its display. I think there would be some mistake in your operating system or it might be related to the driver as well. Whatever it could be but it seems that you have update your windows version or install a driver according to your windows version.