Thread: PB G4 400 Titanium won't boot.

PB G4 400 Titanium won't boot.

Hello everyone,
    My Powerbook G4 400 will not boot at all! When I press the start button, nothing happens, but when I say nothing is nothing. The battery must be fully discharged, because no lights when I press the little button battery. So I plugged. I already reset the PMU as set in the FAQ of this excellent site, but it changes nothing. I greatly need a little help here. Do you have any suggestions please.??

Re: PB G4 400 Titanium won't boot.

I too have the same problem with a G4/500, test with new battery, AC adapter nine new hard drive, new memory, nothing to do, the powerbook does not start, do not start or noise or what.?? I have an adapter 550 that lights green if everything goes well and the light is red-orange. The last time I used it two years ago, everything was fine, I boot even on a FireWire drive as my internal 2.5 was released. I wonder if it's repairable and if so how much, if not already seen the original hard drive has dropped I feel inclined to drop.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

I was using my Powerbook G4 400 for over 4 years without any trouble when I replaced it with an imac after some months of cabinet decided to restart my powerbook and it does nothing happened. Though I press the button the computer does not start. I tried to boot without battery, with battery, let it load 48 H, but no success. So I change the motherboard complete with a friend (motherboard change the G4 550 with the DVD by a combo of 550). After that it worked flawlessly. Then I returned to see my old motherboard G400 attempt to locate the famous battery which is HS, but I find none leaving cell.

I do not know how to explain it, but the fact of putting "old" machine rest for a certain period has the effect of killing them. I had the same problem with a titanium 400Mhz, after a year and a half in my drawer, I came to the show and he wanted more time before starting his resting there was no problem. I tried a bit above (removed the battery memory) and after that it was willing to resume but it was hard to start, sometimes it wants more, and I had to wait some time (one or two days) before retry starting. From him, I installed a 10.4 and I served as a home server, it is on 24/24 and it must be a year since I've rebooted and it turns over again without worries. I suggest you remove the battery and just plug the mains, leave it like that for a few hours and then try to start it. If he will not remove the memory battery, that's all I can say.

Try to Install or reinstall Mac OS. The type of disk installation kit should be a valid CD or DVD for your Mac. There are several original disks Apple.
    1. Installation discs for Mac OS included with every Apple computer when it is delivered. These discs are usually gray.
    2. The software restore discs, sometimes provided separately from the installation disks for Mac OS, and applications that contain the iLife suite. - More and more often, the restoration of the iLife software is from the same installation disk as the Mac OS.
    3. Disks used to launch a test of the physical state of the Mac. This is called an Apple Hardware Test or "AHT." Again, the test AHT, often starts from the installation disc of Mac OS.
    4. Disk upgrade from one version of Mac OS to a higher version. It is in this case disk added to the contents of the box Apple sent or requested by Apple when the Mac came with a version of Mac OS already replaced by a new version on the latest Mac. These installation disks are most often named "Upgrade CD" or "DropKit CD" or similar names.