Thread: g3 pismo won't wake up

g3 pismo won't wake up

Hi everyone,
    I am having the G3 that has been in store and now won't power up. I have tried many things to make it work but nothing had worked for me. The DVD being stranded for over a year, I still managed to restart the machine on the installation CD from Panther ' an external firewire DVD drive. I reinstalled the system without problem but when it comes to reboot, the same symptom: gray screen with the apple, then blue screen (no progress bar) and again gray screen (no apple) and that's it. Since, I am new to this forum I don't know much about the rules. So please ignore my mistakes.

Re: g3 pismo won't wake up

By resetting the PowerBook and the PMU may solve the issue. The Power Manager is an integrated circuit (chip) that is usually on the logic board of the PowerBook and iBook. As its name suggests, its role is to manage the computer's power. It controls backlighting, slow hard drive, sleep and recovery, some aspects of the battery, the trackpad and some input / output related to the sleep mode. Over time, the power manager settings may become unusable, and cause malfunction of the computer. Your computer may refuse to turn for example, out of sleep mode, charging the battery or recognize the adapter, among others.

Resetting the power manager is not designed to solve problems blocking the computer. You must reset the power manager as a last resort in case of hardware failure may be related to system power management. Resetting the PMU resets the hardware settings by default iBook and PowerBook, including NVRAM, and causing the shutdown.

In most cases, a restart is sufficient. If your computer does not respond, try the following methods, in order, until the computer responds :
    1. Force the closure of the software running (Option-Command-Escape)
    2. Reboot (Control-Command-Power)
    3. Extinction Force (hold the power button for 10 seconds)

Do not proceed to reset the power manager if any of the transactions listed above has been effective. If this is the case, follow the instructions below to find the reset button or key combination for your model of iBook or PowerBook.

Mostly such issues generate because of the battery problem. I think that there are chances that your battery are weaken. Optimize your battery settings in Energy Saver preferences :
    1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
    2. From the View menu, choose Energy Saver.
    3. Click Show Details.
    4. Choose Battery or Battery Power from the "Settings for" pop-up menu.
    5. Choose Longest or Better Battery Life from the Optimize Energy Settings pop-up menu.

Even i think that you should change your battery and then check the g3 pismo. Just as you would turn off the lights in unoccupied room year, Turning off unused features and technology can help Maximize your battery life, too. Here are a few suggestions :
    • Eject CDs and DVDs you're no longer using. Every so Often, the optical drive spins up to read CDs or DVDs. This consumes a Small Amount of power.
    • Disconnect peripherals when you're not using 'em. Connected peripherals, printers and digital SUCH as cameras, can draw power from your battery Even when you're not using 'em.
    • Shut down Any runaway applications.