Thread: Time Capsule Connection Problem

Time Capsule Connection Problem

I have the Apple MacBook laptop and Apple iMac desktop system also. I want to connect both these system to the Time Capsule. But i am facing Time Capsule connection problem. I am properly able to connect the MacBook to time Capsule through the Wi-Fi. But the iMac is not getting connected to the Time capsule, although the iMac is able to detect and see the Time Capsule.

Re: Time Capsule Connection Problem

You can connect to the Time Capsule using two methods and techniques, One is using the wireless technology and the other one is using the Ethernet or LAN cable. You have already connected the MacBook with Time capsule. So connect the iMac with time Capsule using Ethernet port available on the Time Capsule. This will resolve the issue.

I think there can be some issues related to the Time Capsule device software installed in your Apple iMac because of which you are not able to connect the iMac with the Time Capsule device at your place. So i will advise you to reinstall the software of the Time capsule in Apple iMac. After that reboot the system and this issue will be fixed in the iMac.

It is also possible that the Apple's Time Capsule device can only be connected to one device at a time. So first disconnect the MacBook from the Time Capsule and connect the iMac with the Time Capsule. If it is connected then the issue is clear. It will be better if you will use and refer the user manual guide of the Apple Time Capsule.

Time Capsule is a revolutionary backup device that works wirelessly with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard. It automatically backs up everything, so you never have to worry about losing your important files.Time Capsule can back up and store files for each Leopard- and Snow Leopard-based Mac on your wireless network. No longer do you have to attach an external drive to each Mac every time you want to back up. Time Capsule spares you the work.