Thread: Unable to Sync Photos in iPhones & iPods; Error-50

Unable to Sync Photos in iPhones & iPods; Error-50

Hello
    For nearly two months that I can not sync my iPhoto photo library on my iPhone. I am unable to Sync Photos in iPhones & iPods; Error-50. I am getting Error message: unknown error occurred (-50). Note that I'm in iTunes 9, all updated iTunes, iPhoto, and iPhone are made. The problem has suddenly appeared with my 3G, and I can not determine why. I have since moved to 3G, but the problem persists. I also reinstall iTunes, reinstall iPhoto (keeping my old iPhoto Library), nothing helped. When I select iPhoto in the Photo tab, I have no choice of timing: it's all albums, pictures and faces. The second option is grayed out. And anyway, it does not work. I'm running out of ideas ... Help!

Re: Unable to Sync Photos in iPhones & iPods; Error-50

I have the same problem. I also reinstalled iTunes without success, restored an old version of my iPhone but still the problem persist. But I do not think it comes from the iPhone because I have the same thing with the iPhone with my brother. The error-50 occurs because I imagine the timing will import all the photos on the iPhone and there is not enough room. According to me the second option is grayed out and no one knows choose albums that you want to import. In the meantime I un-check sync photos so I know still sync the rest. If in the meantime you find something. Let me know.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

Still no solution for me, I deleted the iSync history (although I do not have a MobileMe account), but nothing changed. I do not think the problem comes from the iPhone and the lack of space (my iPhoto library is far from completing the remaining 12GB free on my iPhone), but iPhoto. iTunes detects a file "iPhoto Library", where the proposed timing, but does not seem to have access or can not interpret. That would explain why the second option to choose albums to sync is grayed out. Maybe that removing the entire contents of iPhoto, and creating a new library, that would solve the problem. But I confess that I have not the courage to re-sort my 4000 photos, with the faces.

Hello, you should try this track.
    I just noticed that in iPhoto when I watch the news from my "library" I have 40Gb, but curiously the file is iPhotoLibrary 74Gb ... Is this normal? Almost double! I must say I bought a new iMac and I used migration assistant to transfer my data and preferences.

Since you are not able to Sync Photos in iPhones & iPods, I would recommend you to repair the library. Because many times repairing the library sort out such issues. To repair a library, you need to launch iPhoto holding down alt and cmd (for the record, launch iPhoto with the alt key held only allows select / create another library).

This symptom may be due to a problem with the digital signature of Windows XP drivers. Follow the steps below to register again .Dll files mentioned below, that could solve this problem. Before performing these steps, try to restore the iPod using the latest version of iTunes.

If you can not restore it, or the error reappears, follow these steps :
    1. Disconnect the iPod from the computer and close iTunes.
    2. Make all 10 lines of text that begin with regsvr32 then select Copy from the Edit menu in your web browser:
      regsvr32 / s softpub.dll
      regsvr32 / s wintrust.dll
      regsvr32 / s dssenh.dll
      regsvr32 / s rsaenh.dll
      regsvr32 / s gpkcsp.dll
      regsvr32 / s Sccbase.dll
      regsvr32 / s slbcsp.dll
      regsvr32 / s mssip32.dll
      regsvr32 / s cryptdlg.dll
      regsvr32 / s initpki.dll
    3. Open the Notepad program, just go to:
    4. Start> All Programs> Accessories> Notepad
    5. In Notepad, choose Paste from the Edit menu. Note: Make sure that the text that appears in Notepad is the same as shown above.
    6. On the File menu, choose Save As.
    7. In the Name: field, type appleipod.bat and save the file on the desktop.
    8. Close Notepad and locate the file appleipod.bat.
    9. Double click on the file, you'll see a black window appears on the screen for about a minute. Wait until it disappears automatically and continues with the next step.
    10. Now you can delete the file appleipod.bat.
    11. Open iTunes and connect your iPod.
    12. When the iPod appears in iTunes, restore it and re-synchronize the contents.

This error may also make software applications that change the look of Windows XP. Try removing the designs ("skins") for Windows operating systems from other manufacturers Windows themes and styles of desktop you have installed to prevent the occurrence of iTunes Error -50 when syncing your iPod with Windows XP.