Thread: Presario V6500 Display Driver, help

Presario V6500 Display Driver, help

Recently i purchased the Compaq Presario V6500 laptop and after using it for about one month this laptop started creating problem regarding the graphic card. This laptop has the Windows XP SP3 operating system installed. There is a display driver issue with Presario V6500 laptop. So help me out from getting out of this problem.
    Last edited by Asclepius; 24-04-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Re: Presario V6500 Display Driver, help

Well to resolve the display driver issue of your Compaq Presario V6500 laptop, i will recommend you to reinstall the driver software of the graphic card in this laptop as soon as possible. But make sure that you should remove the old driver software from the laptop before installing it again. After the installation reboot the laptop to take effect the changes made by the driver installation.

The driver disc of the laptop is provided with the laptop at the time of the purchase. So insert it in the DVD drive and install it properly. In case you are not having the drivers disc then you can update the drivers disc from the Device manager of the laptop.

The steps for updating the driver software from the device manager.
    Right click My Computer -> Manage -> Device manager -> right click on graphic card -> update driver software.

Hey Asclepius, You have mentioned in your query that you are facing the display driver issue with the Compaq Presario V6500 laptop but you have not mentioned the exact issue that you are having with the display of your Compaq Presario V6500 laptop. So if you will provide the proper information about the issue then it will be easier for us to provide the solution for the problem.

I have the Dedicated Nvidia Geforce Graphic card but i dont know the model number of the graphic card in this Compaq Presario V6500 laptop. I have installed the Windows XP SP3 operating system and the driver software is not getting installed for the graphic card. I have tried to install the driver which came in the disc with the laptop.

You can know the model of the graphic card in the laptop from the device manager of your laptop and after that go on the website of Nvidia and download the driver software compatible with the Windows XP operating system. After downloading install it properly in the laptop and restart it for once. After that the display driver issue will be resolved.