Thread: Sony Vaio VGC-M1 XP Audio problems

Sony Vaio VGC-M1 XP Audio problems

I am facing some problems with the driver of an audio of PC Sony Vaio VGC-M1. I have installed Windows XP as operating system. I have a problem, as I format my PC vaio audio driver Sigmatel Audio Driver 5.10.5067.0 it refuses to install it. I have tried many things but since I am not having that much knowledge of installing drivers I thought to take some help from you guys.!!

Re: Sony Vaio VGC-M1 XP Audio problems

I am sure that you are installing the incorrect driver. I would like to suggest you that you should go to official site of Sony Vaio and then install the latest driver of the Sigmatel Audio. Once you download that you can easily install it in your system. If that is also not working then try to reinstall an operating system and then try again to install the drivers properly.

Without more, the success of Windows XP Media Center seems assured in terms of PCs for the public. It is true that the idea of integrating all the multimedia features in a messy interface accessible via a remote control is rather attractive to those who do not want to bother with complicated technology. But for Sony, Microsoft operating system does not appear to be sufficiently effective solution. Also, the manufacturer decided to develop its own multimedia interface, the VAIO Zone, which also complements Windows XP. After the Vaio VGC-M1, the Vaio VGC-V2S is part of the first PC to benefit.

Reinstall, looking for the basic drivers to make things work, but when you get to the sound card. I spent several days until I found the problem. The Sony will give, in an original installation directory, all the necessary drivers. In the end it all comes down to: the sound drivers use the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) for the HD and stuff (although I sound like the rest), so you've got to get off of Microsoft.

Realtek, at the request of Sony and in turn the request of the RIIA and convenience of their own, have made a mod of their drivers (and other sound chip makers, such as SigmaTel). In short, these options are disabled in Windows Vista to prevent a "backdoor" allowing copyrighted music recorded in high quality. Try to follow the steps :
    • Install a software "third party" as virtual audio cable (VAC) or total recorder, or make a dual boot with another OS (Windows XP)
    • Buy an external sound card via USB or firewire, to do a "trick"

For performance, Sony has sought the best compromise between power and the need to encompass all electronic components in a housing of a reasonable size grafted to the back of the screen. Thus, the processor is a Pentium 4 3.2GHz backed by 512 MB of DDR RAM, which provides multimedia and office performance excellent. The hard drive features, for its part, more than enough capacity 250 GB Only the graphics are slightly indented. Sony had to settle for a circuit originally designed for laptops, in this case a GeForce FX Go 5700. If the displays still respectable results for 3D test, it reveals a fair bit to take advantage of the latest games very demanding on display.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"