Thread: Usb driver for nokia 5130

Usb driver for nokia 5130

Hello friends,
    I have recently bought a cool new nokia 5130 mobile phone. I unable to connect my mobile to computer. When I tried to connect my mobile phone, it keeps asking for usb driver. Can anyone tell me from where I can get Usb driver for nokia 5130. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Usb driver for nokia 5130

Cable drivers:
    In order to use your cable to transfer data to a compatible PC, you may need to install cable drivers on your PC.
    - Cable drivers for the Nokia DKE-2, DKU-2, CA-42, CA-53, CA-70, and CA-101 cables are now integrated into Nokia PC Suite.
    - Cable drivers for the Nokia DKU-5 cable are not included in PC Suite and need to be installed separately. Cable drivers are available from:
    http://europe.nokia.com/support/down.../cable-drivers
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you have the correct cable model, the correct cable drivers are installed, and you are experiencing trouble transferring data with PC Suite software, you may want to uninstall and reinstall PC Suite.

Also If a working connection suddenly stops working you can try to repair it using the functionality existing in Nokia Ovi Suite and PC Suite.

1. Go to Add/Remove programs found in control panel (called Programs in windows 7)
    2. Select Nokia Ovi Suite or PC Suite installation and click Change/Remove
    3. From the dialog Choose Repair

It seems that you are using wrong way to connect your mobile to computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. To establish a connection between your device and the PC running PC Suite, do the following:
    1. On your device, navigate to the folder for USB or data cable settings. Please refer to the user guide of your device for the exact location of this folder.
    2. Select the cable connection mode in one of the following ways:
    • Select "PC Suite", "Nokia mode", or "Default mode" as the default cable connection mode.
    • Alternatively, set your device to "Ask on connection". This way, the device asks for the desired connection mode every time you connect the cable.
    3. Connect the device to the PC using your cable.

Use following steps to fix this problem.
    # Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
    # Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    # Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
    # Click the Power Management tab.
    # Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
    # Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
    # On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Try following two solution.
    1.First Restart the computer
    To initiate recognition of the USB device, first unplug the USB device and restart the computer. Then, wait five to ten seconds before you plug the USB device into the computer or hub. Windows XP recognizes the new device.
    2.If above does not solve your problem, then install new version of Nokia PC suite in your computer.