Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micromax email settings

Micromax email settings

Hello to all,
    I have recently bought a cool new micromax q5 mobile phone. I want to install email settings on my micromax q5, but I unable to do this. I tried various method to do this, but nothing happened. Please help me with Micromax email settings. Anyone else having the same problem.
    Thank you.

Re: Micromax email settings

Why don't you use mujMail email client for your Mobile phone.
    It has following features.
    # FAST and optimized for hardware contrains of mobile devices.
    # Operations are multithreaded. That means you can send mails, retrieve mails from multiple mailboxes and change settings at once.
    # Uses RMS to store mails persistenly on the device, it means you don't have to connect to server in order to read old mails, which saves you money.
    # Unique ability to redownload a damaged mail or bodypart and repair it.
    # It will only download the headers for your emails, meaning that you only need to download full messages/attachments if you want to read/view them. This will save you time checking your email and money on your data transfer charges.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You have to use mMail 2.2 for your mobile phone. mMail midlet is a useful email client for mobile Java (J2ME) devices supporting GPRS data transfer. It is able to send and receive simple plain-text email messages. HTML-based emails are converted on the server to plain-text. Images, scripts and attachments are cuted.
    mMail 2.2 features:

* POP3/SMTP mail server support
    * email subject download for minimizing amount of data (subject, sender, receivers and date of send)
    * partial mail body download
    * reading HTML-based messages (converted to plain-text)
    * replying and forwarding emails

I am using Redwing CS for my mobile phone. I think you also use this. Redwing CS, Nillex's flagship mobile email application based on the Java Mobile (MIDP 2.0) platform. Redwing CS features include:

* An intuitive user interface
    * IMAP/POP3 Support
    * SMTP Support
    * Secure SSL Support
    * vCard and vCalendar Support
    * Attachments

You have to use ZengaMail mobile service for your Micromax mobile phone. ZengaMail mobile service brings to you many highly desired value added services such as email, messaging, infotainment, news, and several other applications absolutely FREE of cost and there are no hidden costs at any time for your subscription. Stay connected to your family, friends and business associates at the click of your mobile by accessing your multiple email accounts (Yahoo, Gmail, Rediff, Hotmail, etc.) and Chat (Gtalk, Yahoo Messenger, MSN, etc.) through Zenga.

Why don't you try Linetown mobile mail for your mobile phone. It has following features.
    1.Powerful mail client for your mobile phone!
    2.Tree versions for different mobile phones from base series to powerful series!
    3.Full support for attachments.
    4.Support preview/download attachment files even the file in a compressed Attachment.
    5.Full support for attachments.

hi evry1,
    i want to know if Q5 fb has a dictionary in it for typing msgs?? i cant find my dictionary option.....also can i install one externally??

Quote Originally Posted by apog View Post
    hi evry1,
    i want to know if Q5 fb has a dictionary in it for typing msgs?? i cant find my dictionary option.....also can i install one externally??
    Dude, Micromax Q5 has already got an inbulit t9 dictionary. So you just need to press some buttons on your mobile phone to activate the dictionary and then start using it. On my mobile phone, I used to press the star * button to get an option called Activate Dictionary, so try it on your phone.

iv tried pressing all the keys......... cant activate it!

I had also read on lots of article saying that there is a inbuilt dictionary support provided on Micromax. But I think the reality is that there is no such support. I had checked all the settings and other things there is no such thing mentioned. I think this phone lacks the Dictionary feature. You can on the other hand try a different dictionary application for the same.

cool Re: Micromax email settings

Dude why do you need a T9 when the keypad is already divided into single alphabets???? You require a T9 when there is multiple alphabets on a single button.... I hope your getting the point and this answers your question!!!

i recently bought a micromax q 75. The music player couldn't work. and also u tube couldn't open,it shows failed to open.plz help me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashique87 View Post
    i recently bought a micromax q 75. The music player couldn't work. and also u tube couldn't open,it shows failed to open.plz help me!!!
    In order to fix this youtube issue, you can simply install the latest version of mobile flash player. It is recommendation for streaming youtube videos on mobile phone. And if your Music player is not working than i'll suggest you get it fixed from the Micromax service center as it might be still under warranty. Do'nt trouble shoot yourself or else the warranty will be avoided.

Dear All:

I bought a Micromax Q7 mobile recently. I want to configure push mail client as I need it badly. Can anyone please tell me, how can I do that.

There is a mail client in the phone but does not have Active Sync. Does anyone know any java application which can server purpose?

Thanks in advance
    Arefin

Quote Originally Posted by rashed823 View Post
    Dear All:

I bought a Micromax Q7 mobile recently. I want to configure push mail client as I need it badly. Can anyone please tell me, how can I do that.

There is a mail client in the phone but does not have Active Sync. Does anyone know any java application which can server purpose?
    You can easily try to Configure Push Email For GMail on Your Mobile. Just check the below suggestions given to configure the email client on your phone with the following information

Code:
    Incoming Mail Server:
    Mailbox name: Gmail
    Email/user ID: Your Gmail ID
    Password: Your Gmail Password
    Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
    Mailbox Type: IMAP4
    Security Ports: SSL
    Port: 993 or Default in some phones
    Code:
    Outgoing Mail Server:
    Email/user ID: Your Gmail ID
    Password: Gmail Password
    Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
    Security Ports: SSL/TSL
    Port: 465 or 587 or Default in some phones
    Once everything is done go to the newly created mail box and click connect. Thats it all the mails are flown directly to your mobile as soon as you receive it in your inbox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast