Thread: Sync Server Not Working Error

Sync Server Not Working Error

Hello friends,
    I have recently purchased iPod Touch. And after some days I started facing an issues. Some of my friends told me that I should download the latest version of an iTunes. Then I downloaded some new version of iTunes and after that I can't seem to get my iPod to sync to iTunes. Whenever I am trying to synchronize, I am getting the message that my SyncServer has stopped working. So please tell me the solution for Error of Sync Server Not Working. Hope that someone would help me sooner.!!
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Sync Server Not Working Error

I would like to recommend you to install MobileMe. By doing this there are chances that your problem must be solved. After install, go to Control Panel, MobileMe, an error is displayed with reference to a DLL problem (Libxml2.dll), it must then find that DLL is renamed "Libxml2.old.dll ( for example), return to the MobileMe panel (which will recreate the proper DLL) and that's all. After that iTunes will not display error Sync Services.

Also I am HAVING sync issues after upgrading to iTunes 9.1.0.79. INITIALLY I Had the Same error service provider so I Followed the steps to search for the Specifying duplicate Dll's. None of the files listed Were in any of my folders path so I added the Apple software path to the end of the path and the system error solved away. However, the backup process Was Extremely slow and I would cancel it to allow the sync to run. I finally Decided to let the full backup and it Took about 5 hours. I have a 32GB 3G iPhone with 27GB free so it's not due to a large Amount of Data. I ended up downgrading to iTunes 8.0.3 after testing the Restore process failed miserably and Placed Which the iPhone in recovery mode "any purpose" could not get further.

Once I Had 8.0.3 installed I Had to select the option to run iTunes as Administrator the first year to allow it time to see the iPhone properly. Then started "the Restore and it WORKED Properly (as a factory restore Without restoring the backup settings). After Adding my apps and at least part of my music library back onto the iPhone the backup Took less Than 30 seconds and the sync speed Was back to "normal."

Seems this thread referenced below to indicate where and the outcome IS sync with the OpenSSL version bundled with That Is iTunes 9.1.0.79 and Gives Instructions for Replacing the files to fix the sync issues. I Will Be Trying the OpenSSL "downgrade" tonight after work. I'm hoping this Will Be the Real Solution To The Problems we've been having and then maybe Apple can just re-bundle iTunes with a minor revision to replace the OpenSSL files.

Set the path variable in the string following C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Apple \ Apple Application Support" by adapting to the directory name programs on the disk :
    1. Find the service Apple Mobile Device, and stop the service.
    2. Go to C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ Apple \ Apple Application Support \
    3. Select libtidy.dll, libxml2.dll, SQLite3.dll. Copy the 3 files.
    4. Go to C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \
    5. Go to C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Put the 3 files, if there are already equivalents dll, rename them.
    6. Go to C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ (only 64-bit OS only) Put the 3 files.

Since the last update of iTunes to version 9.1, ie, when I connect my iPhone I have the following window after a few seconds :
    "ITunes can not sync data with the iPhone"

my name because the synchronization is disabled on this computer. Do you want to enable syncing? I answer YES and then I have the window :
    "ITunes could not load the data supplier since SyncServices. You reconnect or try again later".

I'm OK and then my iPhone is connected, it appears. Then everything seems to work well EXCEPT the backup that is very long (but works).