Thread: Mac Mini issues

Mac Mini issues

I have bought a second hand Mac mini G4 1.25 with 1 Giga byte of RAM.

It was preloaded with 10.5 leopard but all that I am able to see is the infamous flashing of folders and the question marks on the screen. I have also received 10.4 tiger, which I have installed in it.

But I want to know where did 10.5 leopard has gone. Any idea about this Mac Mini issue.

Re: Mac Mini issues

You have seen the flashing of folders that means that the information on the hard drive is corrupted at that point and hence the firmware is not able to read it. The other reason can be that the previous owner has wiped clean before you have the Mac Mini. Mac Mini has never launched with Leopard 10.5. The tiger 10.4 disc you are having is must be an original, you have installed it, and it is working.

Thanks for the reply,

Previous owner has cleaned the Mac mini before giving it to me. Now I am having one more problem when I tried to plug in the RCA jack from the headphone adapter on the Mac Mini to my TV. I am not able to hear the sound, but the I am able to hear the sound I plugged the head phone or if nothing is plugged in the jack of the head phone.

Mac min laptop comes with the port for audio on the back is 3.5 mm stereo TRS jack. If you are having TV using the RCA connections, you must have an adapter cable that must fit from 3.5 mm stereo TRS jack to the left and right RCA connections.

One more thing if your TV uses 3.5 mm stereo TRS connection you must have “Double Male” cable of that type. If there is no black band on the straight section, then you will be having mono connector and it is not capable of delivering correct audio quality.

I have checked for the jack at the back of the Mac Mini to the TV using he RCA cables. I am having all the specification that you have mentioned on my TV and on my Mac Mini but still I am not able to hear the sound. I think maybe there is a need of some driver because I have checked for all the hardware setting and it is working fine.