Thread: iPod Mail App Crashing

iPod Mail App Crashing

Hello everyone,

I am in some trouble, would you all help me to find out the solution. I have updated and it goes to done successfully but after updating to 3.1.3, my iPod's mail application seems to crash after about five seconds of having it open. There is anyone else here having such type of issue or have a solution?

Thanks...
    Last edited by Jake Tyler; 23-04-2010 at 01:39 AM.

iPod Mail App Crashing

Would you provide much information about this and what is the message that you got and your application crashed. What happened during that process, have you got any error message or anything else that can causes the application crash.. which type of mail you got and which type of contents there, would you provide more information about that and need to check the updates that you made, it can solve your problem. Just go through the procedure that you performed earlier...
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

iPod Mail App Crashing

Have you installed another application on your iPod that can causes the error and I think, you need to uninstall those application that are creating such type of issue and check all the possible connections that are connected with the application and if you find any other situation like that then you need to reset your iPod for getting fresh connection and then try to access the connection and open your email that you are reading.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

ThumbsUp iPod Mail App Crashing

Just restart the phone and then choose another application mails from the list. Don't choose the same email through that you are getting the error message. Means overall, you need to try with another email and select that from the list and find that your application is going to crash then post the details that you got.

Now, it's time to reset all of the connection that you have configured with the device and perform afresh installation of all of the application and then comes up with new and fresh installed device....

iPod Mail App Crashing

Thanks for you all suggestion and it was very appreciable. I discovered the solution my own issue and now everything is going fine but it's just because all of you. I got the solution through the email settings and tried that very well. There was an email that was causing the app to crash. I have deleted and re-adding the account on my iPod and deleting the email from my web-mail, the issue was solved.

Down Re: iPod Mail App Crashing

I am trying to set up my granddaughter's ipod touch email using my email server.
    I can send, receive and forward!

But I cannot reply; the client app just disappears, no message, nothing. and no email was sent.

I have deleted the account and re-added it it more then once.
    I know the settings are correct!

any ideas???

Re: iPod Mail App Crashing

Quote Originally Posted by msodos View Post
    I am trying to set up my granddaughter's ipod touch email using my email server.
    I can send, receive and forward!

But I cannot reply; the client app just disappears, no message, nothing. and no email was sent.

I have deleted the account and re-added it it more then once.
    I know the settings are correct!
    Which services do you use? Actually you need to have the correct SMTP server and authentication information to SEND emails. Usually, to CHECK emails you don't authenticate through and SMTP server. Obtain the SMTP server address from your service provider - usually something like smtp.ispservice.net - and in the Mail Settings-> Outgoing Mail Server section of your iPod, make sure the correct information is there. In the advanced area you may have to put in the correct port and authentication type, also, for your smtp server.

angry Re: iPod Mail App Crashing

As I said originally, I can send, receive, and forward; but cannot reply. The email client simply disappears. No message, nothing. Just gone.
    All settings are correct. I use the same servers on my android and in Outlook.poll

Quote Originally Posted by msodos View Post
    As I said originally, I can send, receive, and forward; but cannot reply. The email client simply disappears. No message, nothing. Just gone.
    All settings are correct. I use the same servers on my android and in Outlook.poll
    I think that if you are referring to a message from a user on YouTube or a notification from YouTube, you can't reply from any email client. That's by design. You need to reply from your YouTube Inbox because you need to be signed in to use the YT message service.

Itunes is not involved. I am referring to an email that when I try and reply to, the client simply disappears.

I sent the email from one of my many email addresses. I can forward it back, but not reply!

In some of the cases removing the problematic messages resolves the problem. To do that, you can just go through the below process...
    1. First open mail account(s) from the desktop computer mail client.
    2. Now, delete all the messages which are over 6 MB in size and all the messages which are with “mail delivery failure” messages.
    3. Delete the email account from your iOS device and then reestablish that.

the email I am trying to reply to is under 1 mb, and is the only email!
    and I have no difficulty forwarding it.

i want to download windows 7 free. original

Solution found.. I am trying to reply to an email from an android phone.
    If I delete the signature, reply works.