Thread: Erratic Touch Screen Issues

Erratic Touch Screen Issues

Hi all,

I purchased a iPod Touch 2G, 32G recently. It was brand new and i bought directly from the Apple store. when i update the firmware, i got issues with the screen. Its very erratic and sometimes doesn't happen. I do not know whats wrong with it. I also tried to restore the device twice and still am having issues. I am using iTune 9.0.3.15, Windows 7. Please suggest. All the best.

You need to try the following steps:

1. With a clean, damp, soft cloth to clean without raising the iPhone's screen.
    2. Do not wear gloves to use multi-touch display. Do not wet your hands or applied hand cream when used immediately after the touch screen. Humidity will affect the touch screen functionality, like the touchpad features the same effect.
    3. If the touch screen posted a plastic protective film or film, try to be torn off, because the protective film may make the touch screen does not work.

If the operation is invalid, please close the device, and then re-open. Hold down the equipment at the top, "Sleep / Wake" button for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then slide the slider. Then hold down the "Sleep / Wake" button until the Apple logo. For more information, see iPhone and iPod touch: freezing and not responding. If the device is not closed, its reset. At the same time hold the "Sleep / Wake" button and the Home button at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo. Check and reply.

If above steps do not solve the problem, please Apple contact Store Retail Stores for an appointment service for evaluation. If you can not go to Apple Store retail store, you may contact Apple to determine the best maintenance program. All the best.

If you are ready to bring iPhone to assess retail Apple Store, follow these steps to help Mac Genius a genius to understand multi-touch display does not appear to respond to the location.
    # Start a basic calculator application to test the inter-screen all entries other than the top line. Press the various buttons on the calculator to verify the operational activities.
    # To test the regional top of the screen, rotate the device to change the display scientific calculator and press all the buttons on the left two lines.

Touch screen edges are coated with a narrow electrode, the conductive body formed of a low voltage AC field. User touch screen > touch-screen, because the body electric, fingers and the conductor layer will form a coupling capacitor, four sides of electrode current will flow into the contact issue, but its strength and proportional to the distance your fingers and the electrodes located touch screen. Check with your apple customer care.