Thread: My iPod Touch won't back up

My iPod Touch won't back up

Hello guys !

I have an iPod Touch and whenever, I connect it with iTunes, it syncs like normal, then continue to perform a back up, which I think is normal, and it used to work.Whenever my iPod is getting 'backed up', the small bar displayed that indicates you how far the back up progress is going on and never moves. I once had it on for 5 hours and it had moved about an inch, and then after nothing going to be happen.

I need to store some new music, but currently my iPod has been freezing and refusing to turn on, and I think that's because I requires to use the new 3.1.3 software. When I try to download it, it would not let me as I have not completed a back up. Do you all know why it's gonna happen with my device ? can anyone help me?

Hello friend,

I am getting your problem but you need to take your device in some different mode Although, your device automatically backup all of the things but if you have entered into the problem then you need to try to connect in recovery mode and find if it helps to make backup before the new firmware is downloaded and getting installed.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Which one software, you have installed with your device to run successfully. You can get some problem with the backup of the software that you have installed earlier. You need to remove the installed software from your device and install that again, Sometimes, your itunes can causes the reason of freezing, so in this case, you just need to reinstall it again and find out the error that you getting earlier. If you still have the same problem then you need to make a call to the customer support and tell him about your problem and I hope they can suggest you best of one but going for that you need to try it also, may be it can solve your issue..
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

if you are running with the issue of freezing then you can follow the below suggested steps to heal this issue with proper care of the device that you are using.

Try out this steps :

1- Just put your finger on the Menu Button and center button at a time until the apple logo gets displayed.
    2- Update the software that you have installed to manage your iPod.
    3- And perform the reformation.

The basic problem with your device is that your device is getting freezes all the time , if you got the solution once then you can use your backup strategy within very smooth way and if you are not getting exact response then you may just requires to restore and re-jailbreak. Sometimes issues pop-up but it shouldn't be freezing all the time.... You can try to restore it on the computer using itunes. So far with my problems restore works!

idea I found a solution

Check it out I found a solution! Hopefully this works for all of you too. This problem we've all faced obviously happens often because I had seen about five different sites that had these kind of forums about it.

What your'e going to need to do is Restore your iPod, to do that just click on your device in iTunes and click the Restore option in the "version" section. Don't worry about losing any media because it should all be saved in your iTunes library. What I did was began the Restoration process and then just let the computer do its thing, I went to go play Call of Duty and when I came back to it, it was finished. It should only take an hour or two, depending on how much songs you have on the device. Now my iPod syncs normally and backs up whenever it needs to.

Again, I hope it works for you guys.