Thread: Samsung Star s5233w wifi problem

Samsung Star s5233w wifi problem

Please help me in solving this issue. I have an Airtel broadband connection which is connected to the desktop computer. The airtel connection is provided by a Wireless router. Recently I bought a Samsung Star S5233W phone which has Wifi capability but whenever I try to connect the phone to the router, it shows "Connection failed" error message. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving this issue. So is there anybody who can help me in solving Samsung Star s5233w wifi problem? Any help regarding the issue is more than welcome.

Re: Samsung Star s5233w wifi problem

Try reseting the phone and then check if you are able to access the router or not. Normal working of the phone is dependent on the proper working of the operating system of the phone. Also sometimes the operating system of the phone gets stuck while running some application and if such a situation occurs then the some features or functions of the phone will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest that you reset the phone and see if you are able to connect to the router or not. Shutdown the phone and remove the battery. Let the phone sit for sometime and then replace the battery. Start the phone and see if the phone is able to connect to the router.

The devices which are connected to the router using Wireless connection are assigned IP address by the DHCP which is running on the router. If the DHCP on the router is not working properly then the devices which are trying to connect to the router will not get the IP assigned which will create problems in proper communication. Because of this the device which is connected to the router will not be able to access all the resources of the network. To solve the problem you will have to restart the DHCP on the router. Login to the router and then turn off the DHCP. Save the settings and log in again. Enable DHCP and save the settings. Reboot the router and connect the phone to the router.

I think the phone which you are using is faulty and needs to be replaced. All the samsung devices are covered with one year warranty under which any fault with the phone is serviced for free if the phone has not sustained physical damage. Therefore take the phone to the nearest Samsung service center and get it checked. If the phone is faulty and under warranty then it will be replaced for free.

You will have to configure the phone according to the settings which are provided below. After configuring the phone as per the settings, see if you are able to connect to the router. The settings are as follows :-
    • Remove the previously configured wireless connections
    • Turn on wi-fi
    • Start the browser and click on settings
    • Open browser profiles and select Search for wi-fi.
    • Select the network which you want to connect from the network.
    • Now configure the settings as per the Settings on the router.
    • Save the settings and exit the browser.
    • Open Wifi tab and check all the settings which you have configured.
    • Set the current network connection as Default connection.

Thanks for providing the detailed configuration for the phone. I configured the phone according to the settings provided and now I am able to surf the internet using Wifi on the phone. I had to change the encryption of the router to WEP as no other encryption was supported by the router. I think only WEP encryption is supported by the Samsung mobile phones.