Thread: Devour: Bad Battery Indicator?

Devour: Bad Battery Indicator?

Hello guys,

I plugged my mobile phone with the power for charging my phone. It is getting charged whole night and in the morning, it came back saying it was only 5%. So I disconnected the charger and connected it back in and after few seconds of charging, it is saying level of battery has reached at 70%!

Another hour of charging displayed no difference, so I switched off the phone and on again and it returned back at 100%. Anybody has any ideas that why the indicator is going so wrong?

Before getting start, you need to be sure from some of the device related configurations means you need have proper devices with you. First of tell me one thing , Are you using the original charger that had been issued with your phone or another? It doesn't matter that you plugged with proper cord, If you plugged another charger then you can't get the proper indication of charging level of battery.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You need to have some another third party application that can help you to find out the way to resolve the issue. You need to try "spare parts" application from market to get the voltage reading for your battery.The voltage for complete charged battery is about 4100-4200mV. And if you will go for minimum then you can measure the lowest reading may be around 3500-3550 mv for a %5 power left battery.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I did the same that you told me to do. I performed the installation of the spare parts application and it displays that my phone stops charging when the battery voltage is around 3987. It displayed battery level as 100 when it comes into fully charged, then changes to battery level 5 when I disconnect it (and goes up to 30 after a some minutes). Is my phone not charging the battery all the way to full?

I am getting your points that your phone is charging and your battery is well. But this glitch in the meter assumes the remaining charge displayed in the phone UI may not be as perfect for each phone as you would like for it to be, until you can make better it with an update.

Unfortunately, I am not sure about the exact fix of this problem. But if you can hang in there, I am sure that the next release will improve this behavior.