Thread: how to connect nokia N70 for send/receive sms?

how to connect nokia N70 for send/receive sms?

Hello friends,
    I am working on a project, there is important work which is to be done for my by sending and receiving sms from the mobile phone that is connected to the computer. I am using Nokia N70 phone which has a data cable and i am using it with my computer through data cable. I wanted to know a method by which i can be able to send and receive sms from this mobile. I know that it does not support AT commands. Also i wanted to know that can i use PC connectivity API 3.2 or PC connectivity SDK 3.0. Please help me..

Re: how to connect nokia N70 for send/receive sms?

I think you need to forget the PC Connectivity SDK 3.0 as i know that it doesn't support and work for the Symbian S60 series phones. The PC Suite Connectivity API which you have stated is the newer version, but the problem is that it requires the full PC Suite to be installed on a particular computer. So i thin you have understood that which one you have to use it on your computer.

The sending of the message should work simply by the configuration of the phone as a modem with any of the applicable connection. Also you need to use AT commands which can help you to send SMS. To do this you need to open a virtual serial port connection with the phone as a modem, and then try to send AT commands to the port, and you need to read the response from the port. Try it.

I think if you want to send and receive any of the data through sms then you need to have updated pc suite for your phone and also for your computer. Then you can connect your mobile phone to the computer which should have gprs active and then you can go on a particular website which provides you to send free sms through website to any of the number. To have a site you need to google search for it.

As i know that there are many of the people who are not able to use the nokia connectivity api 3.2. So i can suggest to switch to the Sony ericsson k320 mobile by which you can send and receive sms from your computer. The nokia doesn't have this kind of facilty available, so you can use sony ercison mobile phone to have this facilty to send and receive messages through pc.

I think you need check out with the google search for the availability of this feature. As most of the users they have said that this is not available on the nokia phone. So if you want to send and receive messages then you can use some of the best website which can help you out for your problem. I use this method for sending smses to my friends through a website which provide me for free and also there are some of the site which provides you bulk sms feature.