Thread: E72 - Cannot set up email

E72 - Cannot set up email

Hello friends,
    I am unable to set up email on my Nokia E72. When I am in the email setup wizard, I able to see list of email i.e. Ovi, Yahoo, Gmail. When I pick up yahoo to enter user ID and password, the email setup wizard takes me back to the previous screen that is in email setup wizard screen. It doesn't show any error message. I don't know why I cannot set up email on Nokia E72? Anyone else having the same problem.
    Please help me.

Re: E72 - Cannot set up email

Hey it seems that you are using wrong way to set up your e-mail and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to use following steps to Set up your e-mail.
    1. To start the wizard, go to the home screen, scroll to the e-mail wizard, and press the scroll key.
    2. Select your service provider from the list presented to you. You can choose from Mail for Exchange, your internet email account (POP/IMAP) or Lotus Notes Traveller account. Enter your e-mail address and password. If your service provider is not on the list, please select "Other".
    3. If the wizard is not able to configure your e-mail settings automatically, you need to select your e-mail account type and enter the related account settings. If you don’t have these settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey I also had the same problem. I tried various method to fix this problem, but unable to do this. Then one day I accidentally turn off my mobile phone, when I turn on my mobile and then when I start email setup, I able to complete that process. After that I able to setup my email. I think you also restart your mobile to fix this problem. Just restart your mobile and then again start email setup.

What software version are you using. If you are using software version older than 021.024, then you have to upgrade your mobile with new version to fix this bugs. Most of the people face same type of problem. Nokia has fix this bugs in the new version. That's why just update your mobile with new version to fix this problem.

I don't know whether it is working for you or not, but I able to fix this problem by using following steps.
    I just use three different SIM card to setup my email and I able to setup my email in third third SIM card. I think you also use three different SIM card to setup your email.

Hey don't you take help of Nokia service center to fix this problem. I also had the same problem. Then after frustrating I take by mobile to Nokia service center and they help me to setup my email. I think it is best and secure way to setup your email if you unable to do this.
    Just take advantage of your warranty card.
    Last edited by Lambard; 20-04-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Yes guys u need to have Sim(gprs) internet to set up first email that u chose ...not with wi-fi ! after u can use what sim u want without internet ..u can set up all email with Wi-fi!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikenzzo View Post
    Yes guys u need to have Sim(gprs) internet to set up first email that u chose ...not with wi-fi ! after u can use what sim u want without internet ..u can set up all email with Wi-fi!!
    Hey , i dont think sim gprs is necessary. The all email needs is Internet connectivity. No matter it is gprs, wifi or 3g. I guess Cristoffer might be making some mistake while setup.