Thread: E71 Answering Call delay

E71 Answering Call delay

Please help me if any of you is having solution for this problem. I have recently bought Nokia E71 business phone which is giving some problems. Whenever I receive any call, the microphone is mute for first few seconds due to which the caller is not able to hear the first words which I say and hence I have to repeat them again. So if anybody else is facing similar E71 Answering Call delay issues then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue. Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome.

Re: E71 Answering Call delay

Try resetting the phone and see if the problem persists. Sometimes the firmware of the phone gets stuck while executing some applications on the phone. If such a situation occurs then the phone will not work properly and to bring the phone back to working state, you will have to reset the phone. To reset the phone, press and hold the following buttons (3,* and Power button). Keep the buttons pressed till the phone asks for the permission to perform reset. Select Yes and let the procedure complete. After completing procedure, see if the phone is working properly.

There must be some applications running on the phone when you are answering the phone due to which there is delay in answering the phone. Check all the running applications on the phone and close the applications which are not essential. After terminating unwanted applications, check if there is any delay while answering the call. Also try and make some space on the phone memory, as full phone memory can also cause some delays in working of the phone.

Are you using Call recorder on the phone? If yes then it could be the reason why there is delay while answering the phone. Call recorder when used on the phone requires some time to initialize when the call is started. During this initialization period, the microphone of the phone is on mute due to which the caller will not be able to hear for first few seconds. Therefore if the call recorder is enabled, then disable the call recorder and see if the delay persists. Disabling Call recorder will solve the problem.

As the phone is new, I would suggest that you take the phone to the nearest Nokia care center and get it replaced. There must be some problem with the phone due to which you are facing delay while answering any call. All the Nokia phones are covered with 1 year warranty under which any problem with the phone is serviced and repaired for free if the phone is not undergone any physical damage. Therefore take the phone to the Care center and get it checked. If the phone is faulty then it will be replaced for free.

Have you got the firmware of the phone updated? The new firmware version which is available for Nokia E71 series is having some problems due to which the microphone is on mute when the call is initiated. The firmware 300.x.x version is having many such problems and hence if the phone is updated with the 300.x.x version then you are bound to face such problem. The only solution to your problem is to wait until Nokia releases the bug fix for the version.