Thread: E72 - Silent mode button

E72 - Silent mode button

Hello people, I have been using Nokia E72 phone for a while now and am facing weird issues with the phone. I am not able to use the Silent mode button on the phone properly. Everytime I press the Silent mode button, it switches to silent mode and then again switches to general mode immediately. I have to press the button several times to get the phone in silent mode. So if anybody else is facing issues with E72 - Silent mode button then please suggest some solutions. Is this some hardware issue? Please help.

Re: E72 - Silent mode button

I think the problem is with the Silent button which you are using on the phone. It is possible that the button on the phone is faulty due to which the phone is not getting into the Silent mode. Check the short cut button by going to the text message and press the button several times. See if the character is getting typed or not. If the character is not getting typed properly then the key is faulty and needs to be replaced. If the key is faulty, take it to Nokia care center and get it repaired.

Check if the phone is going to the Silent mode by pressing the power button and then selecting the silent mode option. It is possible that the phone is having some problems with the Silent mode and hence you are not able to switch to Silent mode. Therefore try to go to silent mode by pressing the power button and then selecting the Silent mode option. If the phone goes to silent mode then there is no problem with the phone and hence get the Silent mode button checked.

Try resetting the phone and see if the phone is working properly or not. Sometimes the operating system of the phone gets stuck while executing certain applications. If such a situation occurs then the some features of the phone will not work properly. To bring the phone out of the loop, you will have to reset the phone. To perform a reset procedure on the phone, press the following button (Capslock,Space,Backspace and and Power button). Press and hold all these buttons and select Yes. Let the procedure complete and see if the button works after resetting.

The problem which you are facing is due to the corrupt firmware of the phone. The proper working of the phone depends on the proper working of the operating system of the phone. If the firmware of the phone is corrupt then the phone will not work properly. I had same problems with E72 phone which was resolved after I got the firmware of the phone replaced. Hence contact the nearest Nokia gallery and get the firmware of the phone replaced. After replacing the firmware, see if the problem continues or not.