Thread: Hotfix Installation Failure for HTC PURE

Hotfix Installation Failure for HTC PURE

Hello guys,

I am suffering with some installation problem, I got the news that HTC released Hotfixes for the Tilt 2 and PURE and address a SMS Freeze and Inconsistent Caller ID problem. Some of the users have posted their comments in negative manner and you can it is the testing compliant that when they try to install either of the Hotfixes, they get a message “This hotfix is not compatible with your device”. I am also one of those, any fix for this.

The issue and the error that you are getting during installation can be caused by the following reasons that are displayed below :

1. The device that you are trying to install the Hotfix on is not treat as for the device (not an HTC Tilt 2 or PURE for AT&T).
    2. The hotfix has been installed previously on the device; the Hotfixes can only be installed only once.

Try to go through this process and check where you are lacking and post me the result what after these consideration..

Have you tried to install the patched related to that and what you are getting after that means whatever changes you made before going to install it. I am agree with the above post, the failure of installation of the can cause these error which can be related to the hardware chnages.

If you have installed the patches then may be another reason can be the issue and if you have not installed then try to install that and send the proper result of installation.

I am going right from everywhere and the patches that you have suggested has been installed properly as you suggested named as sms freeze adn caller id.

The caller ID installed fine but the SMS occurred that it was Incompatible with the Pure, even though it was downloaded from the Pure support Page now what should be the next step in this case.

I just purchased my HTC Pure last month through AT&T's website (got it MUCH cheaper than in-store) and was wondering if I require to install these hot-fixes and if my phone might already have them installed or not. Do you know any method to find out the manufacture date of my phone device, or would the ROM date in "Start => Settings => System => Device Info" be a better indicator of when my phone was built and had it's software installed?
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"