Thread: E71 - not able to send sms

E71 - not able to send sms

Hello friends,

I am getting troubled with issue of my Nokia E71 mobile. I am using this from two months, and it worked finally. But from three days I am not able to send SMS from my E71. Whenever I try to send any message I immediately message 'Message sending failed'. I don't have any idea about this strange issue of my Nokia mobile. I have tried many solution to resolve this but didn't get any success. I wonder if you are able to help me over this issue of E71. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: E71 - not able to send sms

According this is no problem of your mobile, instead of this problem if from your mobile network provider. I think you need to contact to the customer care of your mobile network provider. You will get the help from there in the way to resolve the issue occurred during the sending any message. Please try this and let me know if you still getting same problem or not.

I think you need to check balance of your mobile account. If you don't enough balance that required to send SMS, then you will definitely get message 'Message sending failed'. Suppose you have enough balance and still you are getting same problem. Then I suggest you to customize the message setting of your mobile phone.

It seems that you have mistakenly made some changes in the message setting, because of that you are not able to sent any SMS. I guess that you have changes the message center number. I was also getting same problem, when I mistakenly deleted the message center number. I think same think might happened with you.

Yes friend you was right, as per your suggestion I checked the message center number of my mobile and it was blank. So I contacted to the customer care of my mobile network service provider and took the message center number. I put this number for message center and then restarted my mobile. And surprisingly now I am able to send SMS without any problem. Thanks for all your help.