Thread: E71 Shutting off and restarting

E71 Shutting off and restarting

It has hardly been over a month that I have used my newly gifted Nokia E-Series E71 phone and it has already started to have problems. Since the last two days the E71 is Shutting off and restarting on its own. Even while I am dialing a call the phone switches off this also happens while listening to music and taking pictures through the mobile camera.

Re: E71 Shutting off and restarting

Have you recently installed any other third party application to your mobile phone. This seems to a problem which is caused by some unsupported third party application. In case you have received any files via blue-tooth transfer then get it deleted at once as it might be a virus infected file.

Check if the mobile charger is working properly or not. Might be the mobile is not getting charged and thus it randomly gets switched off. I have had the same problem with my Moto Rockr which randomly used to Switch Off on its own. It got solved when I replaced my mobile charger. So you might also try out the same.

Have you tried replacing the mobile battery. It can happen that the mobile battery is faulty. If you have not tried it then replace the battery of your mobile with another battery from other E-71 phone. Check if the same problem is detected in that mobile or not. If so then you would probably have to get a new mobile battery.

The problem can be the memory card. Check if the memory card is properly plugged in or not. Remove the memory card and see if the phone works properly or not. Since this is a new phone you might get this issue fixed from the customer care as you are a in-warranty customer. Probably the mobile OS needs to be updated.