Thread: N900 - problems with Mass Storage Mode

N900 - problems with Mass Storage Mode

I am having the Nokia N900 mobile phone which is only one week older. Yesterday i came to know that there is problem with the mass storage of the Nokia N900 mobile phone. The problem is that when i am connecting the mobile to the desktop in the mass storage mode than nothing happens after that. It remains as it is. But when connected to the OVI suite mode then the desktop reads the data properly. So what can be the possible reason for this problem.

Re: N900 - problems with Mass Storage Mode

You are having the Nokia N900 mobile phone and you are having the problem with the Mass storage with this mobile phone. there can be many possible reasons for getting this type of the problem. But i think this is the problem of the Nokia N900 mobile phone. Because the PC suite mode of the mobile is working properly. So it will be better if you will contact to the Nokia service center for resolving this problem.

I think there is some problem in your Nokia N900 mobile phone because of which the the desktop is not able to show the data of the memory card when you are connecting it to the mass storage mode using the USB cable of the mobile phone. So according to me this is some hardware issue. So you should contact to the mobile repairing center for that.

According to me this is the error of the mobile phone which is not responding when the mass storage mode is activated after connecting the Nokia N900 mobile phone to the desktop computer using the USB cable. So first try to restore the factory setting of the Nokia N900 mobile phone. May be this will resolve the mass storage problem of the Nokia N900 mobile phone that you are having.

This is clearly the problem of your Nokia N900 mobile phone, so you should go to the Nokia service center for resolving this problem. You can use the external card reader device for the data transfer on the memory card of your Nokia N900 mobile phone. The card reader devices are easily available in the market. So purchase one and start the data transfer to the memory card of the mobile phone.

I think this issue can be resolved if the problem is related to the software or the operating system of the Nokia N900 mobile phone. This issue will be fixed entirely be flashing the Nokia N900 mobile phone. So flash the Nokia N900 mobile phone and this issue will be resolved. The flashing means the operating system will be reinstall in the mobile phone.