Thread: Dell Studio 1735 Shutting off at Random Interval! Please help!

Dell Studio 1735 Shutting off at Random Interval! Please help!

From past few days, I am having some strange issues with my Dell Studio 1735 laptop. It has suddenly started to shut off at random intervals with out giving the reason for doing so. No error message, nothing! At first I thought maybe it was overheating and so I let it to cool down and provided good ventilation. But now it is repeated very often. I've checked for viruses or warnings in Event Log but nothing appeared over there. Then what should be the reason for such a problem? Anyone faced such issue and have some solutions?

Re: Dell Studio 1735 Shutting off at Random Interval! Please help!

Have you checked if the temperature being normal or not? Did you used some software to check this, because I suppose this could be heating issue. Check it using CPUZ or similar software and see what's the result. Also make sure it not the problem of cable connections or some other loose connections inside the case. You may reconfirm this by opening the case and replacing the hardware parts on their locations once again.

Could be BIOS problem also? I would suggest you to flash your BIOS and see what happens. I am saying so because I had a similar issue as you and I fixed it by BIOS upgrade. Other than that you can even look into your cabinet for dust causing your computer to heated up.

This seems to me either heat and/or power related problem. It may even not start in some cases if there is some connection problem somewhere. You can try to observe the cabinet by opening its case while it's powered on. This could also be the problem with your RAM stick. Try to boot your system with single RAM stick installed. If nothing solves your problem then that is definitely heating problem. Use some thermal paste on your CPU and also clean dust near your heat sink.

Before providing any solution, I would like to know what watts of power supply are you having? What you were doing when you got that problem? Did you recently installed or downloaded something since you have noticed this kind of problems? If yes did you tried to uninstall it and see what happens? Also check what is the cpu and gpu temperature before it shuts down?