Thread: Dell XPS Studio 1340 (Dell XPS 13) Nvidia Driver Problem

Dell XPS Studio 1340 (Dell XPS 13) Nvidia Driver Problem

I am having the Dell Studio XPS 1340 laptop and looking for the drivers software of this laptop. I am particularly looking for the Dell XPS Studio 1340 (Dell XPS 13) Nvidia Driver. The reason for this is that i have recently formatted the operating system of the laptop and i am not having the Graphic card of this laptop for the Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Dell XPS Studio 1340 (Dell XPS 13) Nvidia Driver Problem

You are having the Dell Studio XPS 1340 laptop and you are looking for the drivers software of this laptop compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. However you are not having the Nvidia graphic card driver of this laptop. I will advise you to install the driver through the update driver method from the device manager of your Dell Studio XPS 1340 laptop. This will resolve the issue.

First of all i would like to know that this Nvidia graphic card in your Dell XPS Studio 1340 laptop came preloaded or you have installed it by yourself. Because you have not mentioned the graphic card model number of the Nvidia graphic card. So first of all provide all the information of the laptop properly and after that we will be able to resolve the issue.

I am also having the same issue with the Dell XPS Studio 1340 laptop and i want the driver software of the graphic card. This laptop has the integrated Nvidia GeForce 9400M G graphic card. I am not able to get the driver software of this graphic card compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. So where can i find the driver software for this laptop along with the Nvidia graphic card driver.

This Dell XPS Studio 1340 laptop has the integrated Nvidia GeForce 9400M G graphic card in it and you are looking for the driver software of this graphic card compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. You can download the driver software of this laptop from the Dell website. Refer the link given below for downloading the driver software.
    http://supportapj.dell.com/support/d...nConsent=False

This Dell XPS Studio 1340 (Dell XPS 13) laptop has the integrated Nvidia graphic card. So you can download the driver software of the graphic card of this laptop from the Nvidia website also. So go to the Nvidia support website and search for the drivers for the Windows 7 operating system. Download and install it in your laptop properly. This will solve the graphic card problem in your laptop.

smile Re: Dell XPS Studio 1340 (Dell XPS 13) Nvidia Driver Problem

The Dell XPS Studio 1340 (Dell XPS 13) Nvidia GeForce9400MG driver is not 100% supported either by the supplied drivers from DELL download site or from NVidia. The NVidia Control Panel functions correctly.

I can supply the drivers I used to correct my XPS, however you must also use the DELL supplied NVidia chipset drivers before the video drivers can be initialized correctly. You must also uninstall the Win7 Standard Video drivers.

1. uninstall Win7 Stnd Vid
    2. add the NVidia chipset drivers
    3. add the NVidia 9400MG drivers
    4. rollback the Coprocessor driver (I have been unsuccesful at getting this to work)
    3D video rendering is not possible. This will stop the screen saver capability except blank screen. Also, Hibernate and Sleep mode will no longer function. And in some cases you will have to reinstall the DELL QUICKSET to get the keyboard backlight to work.

There are also several other DELL apps that should be reinstalled. Get these from the DELL Locker.
    1. DELL Webcam Central (fix's issues, works great)
    2. Facial recognition ( works, be careful)
    3. Power DVD Player
    4. Roxio Creator DE (may have issues, mine doesnt work)
    5. Sight Speed DELL Video Chat ( Win7 incompatibilty and may not function)
    6. Microsoft FixIt50462.msi does not correct the Sleep mode issue.

The Computer Management will also have minor ActiveX issue.

Hope this is helpful to all who are having trouble with this product and upgrading to Win7