Thread: BSNL EVDO Broadband 64 bit Vista drivers

BSNL EVDO Broadband 64 bit Vista drivers

Hello there, I am facing some problem while connection to Internet using BSNL EVDO connection. The desktop computer which I am using is powered by Intel core 2 duo processor and has Windows Vista 64 bit operating system on it. Whenever I connect the USB modem to the computer, it gives an error message saying "Device cannot be recognized". A friend of mine suggested that it is a Driver conflict problem. So I want to know if there are separate BSNL EVDO Broadband 64 bit Vista drivers for the computer or not. Any suggestions regarding the topic are more than welcome.

Re: BSNL EVDO Broadband 64 bit Vista drivers

It is possible that the device which you are connecting to the computer is faulty due to which it is not getting detected on the computer. Check the USB cord which you are connecting to the router and the computer. An USB cord consist of number of lines of conductors which can get damaged due to improper handling and improper storage. If such a situation occurs, then the communication between the computer and the modem will not be proper and hence such situation will occur. Try changing the cord and see if the device is getting detected.

The problem which you have described can be due to drivers of the device. All the devices which are connected to the computer, require a set of drivers installed on the computer. Drivers act as the translator between the operating system and the device. If the drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the appropriate drivers are installed on the computer or not, go to device manager and highlight the name of device installed. If there are any caution signs, then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting procedure does not help, then try and update the drivers. After updating the drivers, you will not face the same problem again.

I was also facing the same problem with the BSNL EVDO USB modem on my 64 bit operating system. The device was not detected by the computer when it was connected. Initially I thought the USB modem is faulty and hence got it replaced. After replacing the modem, still the problem persisted. Later I found out that the drivers for the device are conflicting because of 64 bit operating system and hence downloaded the 64 bit version of the drivers for my AMD computer. After installing the drivers, the problem was solved. So I will suggest that you download and install the 64 bit version of the drivers and then see if the problem persists.

As suggested, I searched for the drivers of the device online and downloaded the 64bit version of the driver which is available for the device I am using. After downloading I tried to install the drivers but the process stalled and gave an error message saying "The processor is not supported, contact manufacturer for details". I can figure out why the computer is giving such error and hence need your help in solving the issue.

You must have downloaded the drivers which are supported for the AMD processors and hence the system is not allowing the drivers to be installed. You will have to download the drivers for the USB modem which is supported by Intel multicore processors. The drivers for the USB modem supported by Intel processors are available on the official website of ZTE. Visit the official website and download the drivers which are supported by the Intel processor and install it on the computer. See if the problem is solved or not.