Thread: What's wrong with the Toshiba power jacks

What's wrong with the Toshiba power jacks

I have a Toshiba Satellite A305D-S6848 laptop. This was working well till the last month, but know the power jack is giving me trouble. The Power jack fails most of the time and I have to remove it plug it in and again try to power on my laptop. This I have to repeat a number of times before I could actually power on my laptop. Help me to fix it.

Re: What's wrong with the Toshiba power jacks

It can be an issue with the main power supply view as well. Have you checked that whether the laptop powers-on on any other power supply socket. try a different power supply socket and make sure he power jack of the laptop is properly fitted. Then try to power-on the laptop. Hopefully this should work.

Yes, I have tried different socket to power on my laptop. Not only at my place but also in my college, I am still having the same issue. Every time I power on my laptop I have to key trying several times before the laptop really powers on and starts working. I have also connected my other HP laptop in the same socket but it works and has no issue. I have the issue only with my Toshiba Satellite A305D-S6848 laptop.

It can be an issue with the power cable. Have you replaced the power cable by a new power cable. Might be the jack of the power cable is not functioning. I recommend you try a new power cable and check if the issue still persist. I had a similar issue with my Dell Vaio laptop which eventually turned out to be an issue with the power cable.

I too was having the issue with my Acer Aspire One AOD 150 laptop. Whenever I connected the power cable to charge my laptop, I had to keep on plugging and unplugging the power cable in the laptop socket before it finally would start charging. The power jack was actually loosened and had to change. I took my laptop to a computer technician who helped me to replace the laptop's power jack and now it is working well.