Thread: Satellite A85 "Wrong Machine" Message

Satellite A85 "Wrong Machine" Message

Hi, I am having Toshiba Satellite Model: A85-S1072 Laptop in my home. And getting problem while using it. I am getting the error message as the "Wrong Machine". I have tried to search the solution on internet, but, don't find any type of solution for it. If you are having any solution then please provide that to me. Thank you in advance.

Re: Satellite A85 "Wrong Machine" Message

Hello, I think you must need to reformat your Hard Drive then check whether you are getting the problem or not. If you are not having that then you can simply make use of the Free Partition Wizard Boot CD and use that. If you want to get the recovery disk then you must need to make contact to the Toshiba for that. They will provide you the DMI utility for your specific motherboard and then you will able to get solved for your problem. So, simply do that and solve your problem.

Hello, follow the steps below:
    • Insert the recovery CD in the drive.
    • Then start your laptop and then press F12 for move to the BIOS.
    • Here you need to select the CD Drive as the First boot device.
    • Then save the changes and exit from it.
    • Then you will get the continue or Quit option and then you need to press F1 for continue.
    • Now you will get the "Wrong Machine" error.
    • Then Type Q
    • Then type cd\base for changing the base directory.
    • Then type the os.bat and then press enter.
    • After completing the process it will eject the disk.
    • Then it will reboot into the Window xp.

Hello, I think you must need to make use of the flashing of your BIOS for getting the problem solved. As it may possible that you are having some or the other problem in your BIOS and that is why you are getting this sort of the error message. So, if you want to get solved for your problem, then you can simply solve that, by making use of the new BIOS on your Laptop.

Hello, It may possible that your Operating System and BIOS had been got corrupt and that is why you are getting this problem. So, if you make use of the new BIOS by simply reconnecting your CMOS battery and then by making use of the new operating system installation on your Laptop. So, it is needed to make use of these one and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. So, simply do that and get solved for your problem.