Thread: Satellite 5105-S901 low sound with toshiba drivers

Satellite 5105-S901 low sound with toshiba drivers

I am using windows xp on my second hand Toshiba Satellite 5105-S901 laptop which has a Yahama sound chip. I have installed a Toshiba drivers for playing the sound on this laptop but it is not playing a louder sound even on full volume. I have seen this problem from last two days since i have installed a new driver but it was working so well after installing it. I am just confused that what could be the reason behind low volume of my laptop.

Re: Satellite 5105-S901 low sound with toshiba drivers

I think the drivers which you have installed on your laptop would be having some problem because there are much issues seen for the toshiba driver on windows operating system. I think you should reinstall the sound driver on your laptop which might solve this problem. I recommend you to let install the drivers automatically by the windows bootable cd so that there would be no chance of mistake from your side. Make sure that you remove the current driver properly from your laptop so that it does not interfere with the new one.

I suggest you to install the sound drivers from an official web site of Toshiba according to your laptop's model which confirms that you are installing the correct driver on your windows xp operating system. If you have installed this driver from the same site then i suggest you to install the driver of some other model of toshiba but from the same series of laptops which should also work with your laptop as i have done it many laptops which comes at my shop.

I think you have installed some more sound managers on your windows xp operating system as it can also affect the sound level when you play sound from any software. Realtek is one of the example for this and windows default sound manager also can have the lowest volume because of which you sound does not get increase even if you turn up the volume switch all the way up. O to the control panel and check that how much softwares are there which are related to the sound control on your system and check the volume level of each.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It has been not noticed by the most of the people that there would be one dial given on your DVD ROM which is in fact a dial for setting up the volume level. It might happen that dial would be on its lowest level which in turn gives you the lowest sound even if you have max volume on all the sound software which you are using on your windows operating system. Actually i have done this silly mistake on my laptop because of which i realized that this could also happen to make you feeling much annoying to play louder sound.