Thread: Black Screen Problem on my Toshiba Portege M800-A330

Black Screen Problem on my Toshiba Portege M800-A330

I am facing a weird problem with the Toshiba laptop which I am using. I have a Toshiba Portege M800-A330 laptop which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. The laptop was working properly till yesterday when it shut itself down while downloading data from the Internet. Now the laptop does not boot at all. When the power button is pressed, the laptop displays the Toshiba screen and then only black screen is visible on the computer. I am not able to figure out what is causing the problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. So if anybody knows how to solve Black Screen Problem on my Toshiba Portege M800-A330 then please suggest some solution.

Re: Black Screen Problem on my Toshiba Portege M800-A330

Most of the laptops face the problem with the residual charge which is stored on the computer. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips of the laptop. If the voltage of the residual charge reaches a threshold level then the system will not be able to access the RAM chips. If the system is not able to access the RAM chips then it will not boot. Therefore you will have to clear the residual charge from the laptop, in order to bring the laptop back to working state. To clear the residual charge from the laptop, shut down the computer and remove the battery of the laptop. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Release the button and replace the battery. See if the problem still persists.

Toshiba laptops have a recovery disk configured which can be used to restore the working state of the laptop. If you have the recovery disk of the laptop, insert it in the drive of the laptop and press 0 on the keyboard to get the recovery menu. Select the appropriate option and start the recovery procedure. Let the recovery procedure complete, once the recovery procedure is completed, reboot the system and remove the recovery disk from the drive. After restoring the laptop, see if the display of the laptop is fixed or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I suspect that the hard drive of the computer is not working properly due to which the laptop is not working properly. The files of the operating system are loaded on the hard drive of the computer. Hence if the hard drive of the computer is not working properly, the operating system will not be loaded. Hence open the laptop and remove the hard drive of the laptop. Connect the hard drive to some other computer and check if it gets detected. If detected, run all the diagnostic tools which are available. If there are any errors encountered while testing, then try and repair the errors. If the errors cannot be solved then you will have to replace the hard drive of the laptop as it is faulty.

You will have to reinstall the operating system on the laptop. There are lot of files which are associated to the operating system. If any of the file which is associated to the operating system is missing or corrupt then the operating system will not work properly. Insert the Windows installation disk in the drive and boot the system from the installation disk. Let the installer load and give the installation option. Select to repair the Windows installation or to install a fresh copy of Windows. Let the procedure complete. After completing the procedure, see if the laptop is able to boot the operating system or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's