Thread: SD and MMC card reader not working

SD and MMC card reader not working

Recently i have purchased a new laptop installed with windows Vista. But recently i have upgraded to windows 7 and right after the upgrade the card reader started creating problems. When i inserted a Multimedia card in the card reader nothing happens. Please help me to get rid of this SD and MMC card reader problem.

Re: SD and MMC card reader not working

Recently i had some similar problems so after a lot of research and googling i found a simple solution to this problem. If you are using windows 7 i upgraded to NB205 and simply download the Realtek driver again in my first attempt i did not get it but finally after removing the existing driver the trick worked for me.

This problem is mainly due to the upgradation of your operating system. i would suggest you to upgrade your operating system. Also try to reinstall the drivers again. I suggest you to uninstall them first then download and re install the drivers again. I hope that this will help you to get rid of this problem.

Something is wrong either with the Card reader or with the MMC. Try to check whether the card reader is connected with the laptop properly or not. If possible i would suggest you to change the cord which is connecting the laptop with the card reader and check. I think that this should solve your problem.

The basic reason behind this problem is that the card reader has stopped functioning normally. Check with the help of a different card if theresult is same then try to get your laptop to the Toshiba service center take help fomr the hardware professionals there and get it repaired there. I think that this will definitely solve your issue.