Thread: Installing VISTA SP2 caused loss of sound

Installing VISTA SP2 caused loss of sound

I have bought a new desktop computer and i was using windows xp on this computer system. Just two days back i have installed a windows vista service pack 2 and my computer have lost sound. I did not got it that how can my computer just can not sound anything. How to get back the sound on my computer now?

Re: Installing VISTA SP2 caused loss of sound

I have faced this same problem on my computer when i installed a windows vista sp 2 on it. But i have found a temporary solution for this problem though it is much complicated and makes you do many things just for getting sound. Go to the Device Manager and right click on the System Devices. Now scan your hardwares. Now on rebooting the system your wound will come back but it can go again as well. You have to perform the same task if its gone again.

As you were having the windows xp earlier and then you have installed a windows vista sp2. You computer system would not be having the perfect driver for the sound support. I suggest you to reinstall an audio driver on your computer but make sure that you remove the older drivers and then begin with installing the new sound driver for your laptop.

I think you have not updated the drivers after installing the windows vista sp2 on your computer. Though your operating system does it automatically but if you have not removed the older drivers properly which could not be done by your vista sp2 then it leads to conflicts between both the drivers and you do not get the sound as per your expectation. I have given you the LINK from where you can download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for your vista operating system.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think installing the vista sp2 on your computer have detected the hardware on your computer. I suggest you to go to the start menu and open Control Panel. After going to the control panel you have to open Sound And Audio Device where you can select for the sound hardware on your computer system. You can even change some other settings related to the sound as well.