Thread: Atheros AR9825 WLAN on Toshiba NB205 Crashes Routers

Atheros AR9825 WLAN on Toshiba NB205 Crashes Routers

I just purchased a Toshiba NB205 - 311 / W, I like almost all of it, in addition to its WiFi capabilities.
    When I first purchased it originally with the OEM Windows XP Home Edition copy. When I first opened the laptop, I get a minute or two, and then lost Internet connectivity to the Internet. It is connected to my router, but the Internet connection has been lost. I also lost all of my other machines on the network to connect to the Internet.
    At first, I did not thought about it, thought it would be my ISP, Time Warner / roadrunner. Therefore, I did a general. I restarted my cable modem and wireless router, and restart my machine on my network for each service. I am not successful
    Can any help with this issue of Atheros AR9825 WLAN on Toshiba NB205 Crashes Routers?

Re: Atheros AR9825 WLAN on Toshiba NB205 Crashes Routers

I might have figured out a fix. The wireless worked out of the box (after Fn-F8 to turn it on) but after a cycle of updates, it stopped working even when I restored the system from scratch.
    After several wireless driver uninstall/install cycles did not work, I started messing with the driver settings.
    I may have found a solution. The wireless worked out of the by FN - F8 key box (open it), but after the update cycle, it stops working, even when I restore the system from scratch.
    After several times of wireless driver uninstall / install cycle did not work, I began to make trouble with the driver settings.
    [Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management]
    Follow the tree [System Tools > Device Manager] then on the right side [Network adapters > Atheros ... Wireless Network Adapter].

On the Advanced tab, I put "dynamic MINO power saves" and the "MFP" to enable. Remember, after making some changes it is connected almost immediately. Please give me your system configuration and the router configuration so that I can help you I a more sensible way.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Here is my system and router configuration.
    Laptop Model: Toshiba NB205-311/W
    WLAN Card: Atheros AR9285

Router: Linksys WRT100 with Firmware Version: 1.0.04
    Mode: Mixed (g/b/draft n)
    Radio Band: Auto - 20/40MHz Channel
    Wide Channel: Auto
    Standard Channel: Auto
    Security: WPA2-Personal
    SSID Broadcast: Enabled

I picked up the NB205 - 311 on a Saturday from Best Buy, I feel there is a problem connecting three different access points. I see it connected to the start, but the data makes it intermittent IE browser to make it look not responding. You click on a link and in the task tray; wireless icon is not blinking, to send instructions and data, again click on the project, and sometimes at other times requires several attempts. Tonight I will try to wire Ethernet, the Device Manager settings to make recommendations, and then try again. I have done a factory restore; eliminate the possibility that this is my installation. It did not help. I also noticed that sometimes the wireless connection icon suddenly said, "Connected", although it never really shows off. I certainly hope this is very easy to be solved; otherwise, it is a good notebook. This is the WiFi power management makes sense, but because this model outlasts the other notebook computers, where the most hours of battery life.

I have a satellite with Vista, about 2 years old. About 3-4 months ago, I began to experience wireless connectivity problems.
    Whenever I start the notebook, it kicked my home network to all other computers on the Internet. The two 3 to 5 minutes, then reconnect it all.
    I thought it was my router or suppliers, but through all the steps with them to verify it is not them.
    This only happens on my notebook computer boots, others were opened.