Thread: How to reinstall operating system on Blackberry

How to reinstall operating system on Blackberry

Hello there, I have a Blackberry Bold which I used to connect to the computer in a Mass storage mode. Now the Blackberry is not getting detected by the compute and I suspect that the operating system on the phone is not working properly. Therefore I want to know How to reinstall operating system on Blackberry. If the problem is not with the operating system then what can be causing such problem? Please share some information about the issue.

Re: How to reinstall operating system on Blackberry

Before doing any troubleshooting on the phone I would suggest that you get the cord which is connecting the phone to the computer. The cord which is used to connect the computer to the phone is an USB cable which consist of lines of conductors which can get damaged due to improper handling or storage. If the connecting cord is faulty then the communication between the computer and the phone will not be proper and hence the phone is not detected on the computer. Change the connecting cord and then connect it to the computer. See if the phone is detected.

Check if the drivers for the phone are installed and working on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as a mediator between the operating system and the device. Therefore if the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer, the device will not work properly. To check if the appropriate drivers are installed and working on the computer, right click on My computer and then go to device manager. If there is any caution signs against the installed phone, then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting does not help then you will have to update the drivers.

To install the operating system on the Blackberry, you will have to contact the customer support of Blackberry. Go to the nearest Blackberry service center and get the blackberry checked. If the firmware needs to be updated, it will be updated for free. It will take few minutes to update the operating system on the blackberry. Once the operating system on the blackberry is updated, you will have to configure the mass storage mode settings on the blackberry. After configuring the settings, you will be able to connect the blackberry to computer.

I updated the operating system on the blackberry but still the phone is not detected by the computer. As a troubleshooting procedure, I removed the battery completely from the blackberry and then replaced it again after few minutes but it did not help. Is the blackberry faulty? or I am doing something wrong while connecting the phone? Please help.

Try configuring the following settings on your phone and see if the phone gets detected :-
    • Go to Options and click on Advanced Settings.
    • Select the Media card and check if the following settings are activated.
    • Media Card Support:On
    • Encryption Mode: None
    • Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    • Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when connected: Yes

I'm using a blackberry torch which doesn't charge on its own cos it gets hot and I was advised to reinstall the os hw do I go about dis pls help

Quote Originally Posted by abbas_47 View Post
    I'm using a blackberry torch which doesn't charge on its own cos it gets hot and I was advised to reinstall the os hw do I go about dis pls help
    I guess any phone gets hotter when it is charging. How are you charging the battery of your blackberry torch mobile phone, that is via the usb charger or power adapter? It might be an OS bug, that the mobile might be charging but the display icon might be showing you the same amount of charge display, so try restating mobile phone and then check.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's