Thread: PIN Message settings in Blackberry Bold

PIN Message settings in Blackberry Bold

Hi,
    I have a Blackberry Bold mobile phone with me. I want some help in setting up the PIN messages in Blackberry Bold. I am trying to play with the settings but the same does not work properly. How to setup the level of importance for each message I sent. Where are those settings located. What are other service which offers PIN messaging on Blackberry.

Re: PIN Message settings in Blackberry Bold

Here are setting for PIN that you can use in your Blackberry phone. Typically all the models of Blackberry home have similar settings. For this enter the option from home screen and the enter General options. No you can click on Messages and choose the importance level here. I had set my to Level 1 which makes message much more stable.

In the General option you will be provided with two there types of alert settings. Here the recommend settings for message alert is Level 1. You can press that and set to be 1 and then click on options to set the font style. Here you have to choose Plain. Now you have set your message priority to Level 1. This settings is similar in most of the Blackberry phones.

Level 1 selection in the General option provides you high importance level settings for your PIN message. It is like you are setting your message priority to high. Don't forget to press the save to save the settings. Otherwise this settings will not work for you. You can customize the option as per you need in further more option provided under the same menu.

BlackBerry Push Service is the service which lets you use the push message settings for a particular application which is installed in the phone. But unfortunately it does not support PIN messaging service. So there is no option to set the service on push message for instant messaging. But you can use othe custom application for the same purpose.

You will have to properly edit the profiles under menu to set the message priority more efficiently. It is obvious that you might have a web server access to use the Blackberry Pin messaging service. You can use a third party application too for the same purpose. The application can communicate with the PIN service and then you can customize the same as per your usage.