Thread: Blackberry Pearl freezes on white screen

Blackberry Pearl freezes on white screen

I am using Blackberry Pearl 8100 from the last two months and one day suddenly the screen went white and i was not able to do anything on the phone. After that i removed the battery out for several time and placed my phone blank for couple of minutes but the screen was still stuck with the white screen. I also did the backup and then restored but it didn't worked. I don't know what to do please help me, i am not able to do anything with my phone after this problem.

Blackberry pearl frozen with white screen

Hi All,

I am having the 'Blackberry pearl 8120' smartphone from few months. This smartphone worked fine for one month, but after that it showing various problems. Most of the time it freezes with white screen. It also showing problem while installation of OS software that I re-downloaded. I wonder if you are able to help me to sort out this freezing problem of my Blackberry pearl. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Blackberry Pearl freezes on white screen

I think before you repair your blackberry phone i think you need to format your phone which will help you to wipe your blackberry clean. After that you should then be able to download and update the operating system on your phone. You need to do this only if your blackberry is corrupted. And as you have stated that your phone is stuck on white then this is the best solution for you.

Re: Blackberry pearl frozen with white screen

I have to ask one question to you, have you dropped your Blackberry pearl on the floor? If yes, then are chances of getting freezing issue. I am telling this is because, I had gone through this type of issue of Blackberry pearl. My Blackberry pearl was dropped on the floor, and after that it has been showing the freezing problem. I think same issue happened with you also.

I was also having the same problem with my Blackberry phone, i tried most of the possible ways by which i can solve my problem but the i was not able to solve it. So what i did is i returned it back to the store from where i had bought this. So the best thing is to replace it if your phone is in the warranty period. I think you also need to have this solution for your problem by which you can solve your problem.

It sounds that your Blackberry pearl might have some hardware problem. And only because of this you are getting the freezing problem. The safest way to resolve this hardware issue of Blackberry pearl is to contact to the service center of you Blackberry pearl smartphone. If your Blackberry pearl is under warranty period, then replacement of it.

After seeing your problem i would definately recommend you to exchange it, as you have stated that you already removed the battery and done the restore. After doing all these things if the problem remains then i think that it is the device problem and not the software problem. If your device completely frozen on the white screen then you need to check it with the blackberry people and then ask them to provide the solution for the same.

I think this type of freezing issue is exceptional for Blackberry pearl. There is also chanced that your Blackberry pearl is infected by virus, which is due to the internet browsing. There might chances that, you have installed the untrusted application in your Blackberry pearl. Which cause the problem to your Blackberry pearl smartphone.

Please try following solution to sort out freezing issue of your Blackberry pearl:
    • Don't use untrusted application.
    • Use antivirus application for your Blackberry pearl.
    • Visit service center of Blackberry pearl.

I think you need to format your phone and also you need to check it out with the software update which can help you to update the operating system of your phone. As you have stated that the phone cannot do nothing then you need to go to the technician and ask them to solve the problem, it may be the hardware problem. After that if the problem is solved then just go on the official website and check for the updates.