Thread: How to improve Blackberry Bold battery life

How to improve Blackberry Bold battery life

Hi,
    I have purchased a Blackberry Bold mobile a month ago. I am noticing that the battery of my mobile is draining to fast. I can't even stand for 2 hours. I had kept it for charging for long time but still the battery drains out. I am not able to figure out the issue. I use internet on my phone and watch videos. But that too between regular gaps. What to do here to fix this.

Re: How to improve Blackberry Bold battery life

New BlackBerry are more efficient. Faster and providing data transmission 3G, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. These appliances are more energy cons. If you are dissatisfied with the battery your new BlackBerry, know that there are some simple tips to help you significantly increase the autonomy of your device. So in most cases you does need to worry about the battery life.

The first step is to reduce the intensity of the backlight of your device and turn off the LED coverage indicator. To make these changes, select the application Options and select Screen / Keyboard. Reduce the intensity of the backlight to 60 or 70% and turn off the light cover. This is ignored by the users most of the time. But you can take care of the same.

Your device has several services for data transmission. If you do not use some of them may be disabled. Make sure to disable systems Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use. To disable these networks, select the application Manage Connections. Uncheck Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, you will gain enormously in self. Remember to make sure the GPS is also disabled. You can do this by selecting the application maps. Press the menu button, you will see Stop GPS if it is active.

As you probably know, the Bold is a 3G device. Obviously, data transmissions are much faster. However, this technology has a negative impact on the battery of your Blackberry. If you use your phone mostly for reading and writing emails, you can disable the 3G module. The rapid transmission of data is particularly useful for Web browsing. To disable 3G, select the application again Options. Now, choose Network, then Network mode. Change the value of 2G 3G to 2G.

You can enable auto on and off option in Blackberry. I do this when I am not using phone. Like you can set the time in the option for late night to turn off automatically and then set a morning time to on the phone. You will find settings for that in Option > Auto On / Off. Put you device under a case with a magnet support. This will pull the device to sleep mode and save your battery a lot.