Thread: I am not able to locate my Blackberry's PIN

I am not able to locate my Blackberry's PIN

Hi,
    I am not able to locate the PIN number of my Blackberry mobile. Actually I had recently purchased a Blackberry Curve phone. I had added lots of contacts in it and now to chat with my friends I will need to distribute my PIN number. I have not idea about this where to get it and how to use the same. What is this PIN number actually and how does it is used. Thanks in advance

Re: I am not able to locate my Blackberry's PIN

The Blackberry Messenger here gives you a choice to talk free with other Blackberry users. This also called as PIN Messaging. So by this you get a choice to track your friends and carry out a free conversation. This is done through that instant messenger. It is much faster than text messaging. To locate your PIN number you have to click on Option then Status. Here you can see your PIN on the fourth line.

It is quiet simple you can find your pin number in the settings > options menu. Once you got then then send that to your friend. For adding users you will need to add contact and then enter the pin number. After that you are now connected to your friends around the world and chat with them for free. I am using this messenger right now and it quiet easy to use.

The solution is proper on the above posts. You can get the PIN in the status menu under Option. You can note down that number and then send the same to your friends so that they can add you. Other way is contacting your service provider for getting your PIN number. You can call them on the customer care number and ask for the PIN number for your phone.

A PIN number is different and ESN is different. ESN stands for Electronic Serial Number which is traced by the Blackberry Manufacturer while PIN is traced by the wireless network provider of Blackberry. You can call your phone carrier company and ask for a PIN number. Some time it is printer on the back of your device under the battery. There you can see a label bar code.

That is right. PIN is usually a type of number which defines your phone separately on the wireless network. Each of the Blackberry phones have a ESN and PIN number. For this you will have to scroll down to option on the home screen and then press the Device Option. Here look for Status and then press on it. Scrolling down you can see the ESN number there and PIN number also.