Thread: Removing My Number from Old 8830

Removing My Number from Old 8830

I have an Old 8830 that was on Bell (So CDMA Phone) and now that I have moved to Telus, I am searching some solution for my old bell 8830, The issue is that I do not want to run with my previous contact number still on it. I have ported my Number to Telus which is working well on my new 8830, but It still listed in the Call register associated with My Number, and I don't know that how to delete this.

I have wiped the berry, and wiped with content protection on, and everything else disappears, but my phone number is still there. Would you all have some suggestion regarding the same.

You can not operate it directly and it is not a simple setting to delete the contact number from the device. You can use the advance option to do such task.Just pick up the advanced options and locate in under option for SIM card. But If you are using CDMA technology then it would be some like similar what I am assuming.

I have some suggestion regarding the same procedure to delete the number from your device and it would be the best one solution to operate contacts on Old 8830. You need to Use backup and restore and then advanced options to delete this and using this procedure, you can delete entire address book database from your device.

In some cases, the desktop manager can also do the same but you have to follow the guidelines associated with that.

This is the solution for those whoever wanted to remove the contact that is manually assigned from a Blackberry 8830. For remove the phone number that is the segment of information not removed with a master wipe, perform the below suggested way which is verizon-specific perhaps:

Code:
    SEND ##000000 SEND
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Yes, I think so but its not a complete procedure for that after entering you will be prompted with a screen with "Mobile Directory Number" with your previous contact number. Scroll to the bottom of the line and remove whole entries using backspace key.

After then type "0" 10 times and repeat the same thing for the field displayed just in the bottom of the written "IMSI", For example : Type "0000000000" or whatever you wish .Then, press the trackball, scroll sown and choose "Save". The phone will reset and when it is done just then your number will be removed and the number would be assigned into the phone that you have entered during operation E.g. "000-000-0000"
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"