Thread: Fatal error has occurred while updating Blackberry 8830 Software

Fatal error has occurred while updating Blackberry 8830 Software

I am using a Blackberry 8830 device from past few months and now it is running quiet slowly and hence i think that to re install the software on Blackberry 8830 in order to optimize the performance of the Blackberry 8830 device. I tried to install the blackberry software with the help of the Blackberry desktop manager. Initially it seemed as the application is running well but finally A fatal error has occurred while updating the device's software. Please provide an appropriate solution to this problem.

Re: Fatal error has occurred while updating Blackberry 8830 Software

The problem which you are facing really very embarrassing but anyways in this case i would suggest you to install the Blackberry device's software with the help of the Loader executable in the AppLoader folder. Since this is the only valid way through which you can re install the application software.
    Last edited by Pugsly; 07-04-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks for your reply in this matter. Even though i tried to install the application software with the help of the Loader executable in the AppLoader folder but it resulted in the same error what i got before. Hence it would be better if you can suggest me another solution in this matter. Thanks in Advance

I would suggest you to install the application software again but this time try to follow the steps which i have mentioned below:

1. Install it using the Loader executable in the AppLoader folder.
    2. Restart your machine , Attach the blackberry device to the machine.
    3. Go to the location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader
    4. You will see a phone icon double click it and this will install the OS on to your blackberry device.

Can you tell me which operating system are you trying to install on your system so that i can help you in this matter. It appears as you are using a CDMA device and trying to install an operating system of a GSM phone. Hence you get a fatal error whenever you try to install the Operating system on your Blackberry.

I would recommend you to uninstall the operating system which you have on your system and then download it once again. Reboot the system also check the OS whether it is compatible with your system or not. This might be also due to a bad usb cable hence try it with a different USB canle too. might work in your case.