Thread: Mass Storage Mode is not turning ON

Mass Storage Mode is not turning ON

I have a problem while connecting my Blackberry mobile phone with the computer system. I have recently bought this phone so it might happen that i would be doing something wrong after connecting it via USB cable. Actually when i connect my phone to the computer then my phone's screen is showing the clock and there is no mass storage device shown on my computer. Can anybody help me to use my phone on computer?

Re: Mass Storage Mode is not turning ON

I think you must be going wrong in some steps while connecting your blackberry phone with the computer. I think you need to install the pc suit for the model number of your Blackberry so that your computer recognize your phone when you connect it via USB cable. As you have not provided the model number of the Blackberry, I just can not provide you the link from which you download the pc suit for blackberry but it might happen that it would not be much useful to you. You can easily find out the pc suit for your mobile phone on an official web site of the Blackberry.

It may happen that your compute or the blackberry phone would be having some wrong setting because of which your phone is not getting detected on the computer system. I have some suggestion for you, You have select for the "auto enable mass storage mode when connected" as YES which automatically detect your phone's card. And if it is kept on prompt then make sure that you select for the mass storage on your phone's screen.

If all the settings are confirmed perfectly then it might happen that there would be something wrong in your USB port. Have tried to use that port for some other kind of connection. Because it many times happen that you try for connecting the device via USB but if there are some kind of loos connection on your board for USB then how can your USB device can get detected if it is not connected to your motherboard itself. Have you tried to connect this phone via all the USB ports.

I have same problem with my samsung mobile phone. When i connect it to my computer then it just does not show anything and my mobile phone start recharging itself. I thought it would be happening because of the pc suit but it did not worked after installing the samsung pc suit as well. I have tried to connect my phone on another computer which has windows 7 installed on it and VOILA!!! My memory card has been detected. But then i came to know that the samsung pc suit which i have installed was not for my phone and when i got the pc suit for my phone's model number then it was detecting on my computer as well. I think you could find solution somewhere in my experience.