Thread: Ipad - Maps not picking up my location

Ipad - Maps not picking up my location

Hello,
    I have a problem with an application of maps, it is not showing me the location of where I am currently, but showing me the location where I used to be a few months before. I can not figure out what is wrong with the application or is this some kind of virus in my Ipad. Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    www.techarena.in

Re: Ipad - Maps not picking up my location

Hello,
    I think you have not configured the application that is the maps that you are using properly.
    See if this can help you
    Go to
    Code:
    Tap Settings>Wi-Fi
    The you will need to choose a proper network
    Code:
    Tap: Choose a Network
    And then configure were you stay, just restart the application and see if it is showing the correct location now.

Hello,
    I have a similar issue with the application of the maps, my ipad though that I stay in Japan, but now I have configured it properly by reading the manual. It is easy you have to just reset the location of your Ipad, that is where you stay currently. I think you best way is to read the documentation that is provided by the apple Ipad, download the pdf file and go to page 75 or somewhere near it and you will find how to set that.

Hello,
    I have read the manual and still the problem is the same, it is showing the home that I used to stay a few months back which is atleast 30 miles for here. What is the exact problem, is this a problem with the application or is this a problem of the device? I have no clue of what is going on. Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    www.techarena.in

Hello,
    I think this is something to do with the service provider of the internet and not the device or the application. I think the service is called Skyhook , though i am not sure of it. This is the service which maps your location of the WiFi network. I think you will have to notify the people working there about your current location and then you can see the current location in your Ipad. This is the last option you have to try now.

I have an iPad WIFi and in trying to use location based apps, I have found the following: IPad uses Google Maps. Google maps, unlike Google Earth, apparently does not have location information for all locations, even when connected to my home router. Apple says that Google Maps does not have location detection for "rural" locations. Specifically, I d/l the compass app. It worked in magnetic north mode, but not true north mode.

Per Apple's suggestion, I traveled to a location with a hot-spot and the true north mode functioned. When I drove away from that location, the true north function stopped.

The included "Maps" app connects with Goggle Maps, so the Maps app cannot locate me at home, but will do so at the urban hot-spot.

Thus, it appears that Maps/Google Maps will not locate a position except in more urban settings. Perhaps this will be improved later, but for now, it seems to be impossible. Suggestions and corrections are welcomed.

Yes, I too had problems with google maps on my iphone. Usually when I was travelling from the city side area in a car then I can check the status of the positions and places where I was but later on when I travelled furter to some rural area's, all I was getting my current locations and nothing else, like the places, gas fillings and such hotspots. When I reached another city then it gave all postions of hotspot areas, guess it all depends on good sattelite positioning or such.

sad Re: Ipad - Maps not picking up my location

I am having the same problem. I live in VA, but my current location keeps coming up as Tennessee which is where i visited 2 months ago. Who do I need to contact about this problem or how do I fix it? I even reset everything on the IPAD to the default mode and it still shows TN as my current location. It all seemed to be working fine until I did the 4.2 Upgrade. Any suggestions Techies??

Did you tried the solution given above in the second post here ? Didn't it helped you ? If not, than better visit your nearest Apple Customer Care center and ask them to fix it. If there is some internal problem, you wont be charged. I cant help you anymore coz i dont own iPad.