Thread: iPad compared to OSX security

iPad compared to OSX security

Hello,
    What is more secure the Apple Ipad or the OSX ? This is because I do many transactions for my bank account, so what is more secure. If I am not wrong then ipad is very closed platform, so, I guess it is hard to install the bad scripts or something like that. I hope I am correct here. Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Security of Ipad with OSx

Hello,
    I think this all depends on the network security and not the devices that you are using. I mean to say the the connection to the internet is important here. I think both the operating systems that you are talking about are secure, I do not think that they have any loop holes in them. The most important is your password for your accounts that you have. The wireless that most of the users use now a days should be a secure connection rather.

Re: iPad compared to OSX security

Hello,
    I also agree that network is the major factor here. I have no idea about the 3G security as I have not used, but the local connection can be secured, this should not have any problems regarding the security issue. So, I think you can use the Ipad for you. I think that Safari is a weak point in the bunch of the apple applications, that is it can be more improved definitely. Rather firefox is a great piece of software to use.

Hello,
    I think Safari is not the weak point the entry of the Mac os operating system rather the weak are flash , outlook and some of the other softwares, which make us feel uncomfortable. I have no idea about the softwares that are developed now a days. How secure are the software's these days? Now is thinking about the softwares, if you have a loop hole in the software and your information is leaked then what is the point of the internet connection.

Hello,
    I agree with the above post, the software which you are using should also be more secure that only the connection and the devices that you are talking about. This is a point to be noted that if the softwares have a loop hole then what is the use of the firewalls and such things. I think all these thinks that is the devices , the internet and the softwares should all be secure, so that user does not have to worry about these things.