Thread: Macbook air shuts down after starting to boot up

Macbook air shuts down after starting to boot up

I have been using Mac systems for a long time now but have never faced such problems with it before. I have Macbook Air which is installed with Mac OS X 10.5 on it. The problem which I am facing is the macbook air shuts down while booting up. Whenever I press the power button, it shows that the operating system is loading but then it shut itselfs down. Is this hardware failure or software failure? Please help.

Re: Macbook air shuts down after starting to boot up

Most of the problems which are related to Mac systems are solved by doing a PRAM reset. Sometimes invalid entries get stored in the system memory of the computer. If the system memory gets flooded with the invalid entries then the operating system will not work properly. To bring the operating system back to working state, you will have to clear all the invalid entries from the system RAM. To clear the invalid entries, you will have to do a PRAM reset. To perform PRAM reset :-
    1. Shut down the computer.
    2. Locate the following keys (Apple, Option, R and P)
    3. Press the following keys while booting.
    4. Keep the keys pressed till 3 startup chimes are heard.
    5. Once 3rd startup chime is heard, release the keys and let the computer boot normally.

All the functions which are performed by the computer are controlled by the logic board of the computer. Logic board is responsible for providing correct voltage levels to all the peripherals which are connected to it. Therefore if the logic board itself is faulty then the computer will not work properly. I would suggest that you get the Macbook Air checked by some technician and if the logic board is faulty then get the logic board is faulty then get it replaced. Once the logic board is replaced, see if the Macbook is working properly.

The operating system on the computer must be failing due to which the Macbook is not working properly. There are lot of files which are associated to the operating system of the computer. If any of the files which is associated to the operating system of the computer is corrupt or missing then the operating system will not work. You will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Insert the installation disk of the operating system and boot the system from the disk. Install a fresh copy of operating system or install it in install/archive mode. Let the procedure complete. After completing procedure check if the problem is solved.

In the Intel powered Macbooks, the lower level functions are performed by the SMC. If the SMC is not working properly then it has to reset. To reset the SMC of the Macbook, follow the steps below :-
    • Shut down the computer.
    • Remove the battery of the computer
    • Press the power button and keep it pressed for 30 seconds.
    • Release the key and replace the battery.

Check if the computer works properly or not.