Thread: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems; some USB devices stopped working

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems; some USB devices stopped working

Hello to all,
    I have am getting problem while connecting keyboard to computer. I have installed latest windows software in my computer for connecting my Samsung Omnia to my computer. After some times when I disconnect my mobile, my Microsoft wireless keyboard get locked. When I tried to connect another USB keyboard, I get following error message:
    "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it"
    After some times it gives following error message:
    "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
    I don't know why I get such type of error message. Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems; some USB devices stopped working

It seems that there is some problem in your The keyboard software (IntelliType Pro) and that's why you are getting such type of problem. It may get corrupted or get damaged. In this case you have to download new version of The keyboard software to fix this problem. To get the latest software go to the following link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...&sku=BV3-00003
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems; some USB devices stopped working

From your information it seems that you are using USB devices other than storage devices or you perform other input/output (I/O) operations on the USB storage device. In this situation, the I/O operations fail.
    In this case you have to download and install following Hotfix in your computer to fix this problem. Just go to following site to get that Hotfix:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976972

Use following steps to fix this problem.
    1.First go to start button -> now open search option -> now search for “devmgmt.msc” and press enter.
    2.Now go to Device Manager and go to the "Universal Serial Bus controllers"and then right click on the Host Controller and then select "Uninstall" and press "OK".
    3.Now repeat the process 2.

Hey you have said that you didn't get any problem in starting, then as per my suggestion you have to perform System Restore process to fix this problem. Most of the people do this process to fix this problem. I think it is the safest way to get rid out of this problem. Just do System Restore process to restore your system to the date, before you get error message.