Thread: Hardware issue or User Interface Issue HP Photosmart Plus B209a m

Hardware issue or User Interface Issue HP Photosmart Plus B209a m

I have installed 64bit windows 7 on my computer and i have installed a Photosmart printer on it. I have problem for specifying the accurate printer name so that my family does not have to bother about anything while using the printer. I use this printer wirelessly so i would like to remove the USB printer or at least rename the wireless printer. Anyway main problem is that none of this printers are there in control panel.

Re: Hardware issue or User Interface Issue HP Photosmart Plus B209a m

As you have not provided that which edition of the windows 7 you are using on your computer. If you have installed an Ultimate or Pro edition of the windows then you will be able to use printmanagement.msc to view and manage them also. Or if you are in to Device Manager then you have to unhide the hidden devices to see Plug and Play printers.

I think you are using two printers on your computer and your problem is that your computer is recognizing the wrong printers. I have given you some steps by following which you can solve your problem.

• In Control Panel, go to All Control Panel Items, and then select Administrative Tools.
    • Check for the 'Administrative Tools' window, double click services.
    • Once the windows pops up, double click on the "Bluetooth Support Service".
    • On the dialog, change the startup type to automatic and click the 'Start' button. Close the window afterwards.
    • Open the Devices and Printers again to see if the printers show up.

If you want to rename the printer connected to your computers then you just need to follow this instructions. First of open notepad and then click on the file and press print. But make sure that you do not print in the print dialog. Now select for the printer which you want to rename or delete. There should be a rename and delete context menu for each printer. You can perform your operation as you need. Click on the Properties for changing the properties of printer.

Even i have been suffering through the same problem and i have not got any solution yet on any of the forums. I have installed a windows 7 on my computer and i want to use the HP Photosmart wifi printer on this computer but have not found any way to make it showing on my computer.