Thread: Install Hyper-V on Dell notebooks

Install Hyper-V on Dell notebooks

Hello Friends,

I need your help to sort out my query related to the Hyper-V. My company have bought 15 Dell Latitude E6400 laptops. So we want to install the Hyper-V for virtulization over these dell laptops which runs Windows XP OS. But Actual thing is that we don't know how to install Hyper-V on Dell laptops. If you any solution over this issue, then please let me know that.

Re: Install Hyper-V on Dell notebooks

Hyper-V is a hypervisor-based virtualization technology for x64 versions of Windows Server 2008. The hypervisor is the processor-specific virtualization platform that allows multiple isolated operating systems to share a single hardware platform. Guest operating systems running in a Hyper-V virtual machine provide performance approaching the performance of an operating system running on physical hardware if the necessary virtual server client (VSC) drivers and services are installed on the guest operating system.

To install Hyper-V integration services on your dell notebook laptops, for that you first need to install Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 which has support the Hyper-V. You also can install Hyper-V as a stand-alone product on you dell laptops with Windows Server 2008 Server Core. When you install the Hyper-V, the VMBus is also get installed with it.

According to my information Hyper-V is the one one of the best virtulization product of the Microsoft. Before installing the Hyper-V, you first need to install the windows 7 operating system on you dell laptop. This is because you will get options for natively boot vhd files over this operating system. This file are basically contained in the virtual PC.

With Hyper-V you will get benefit directly from the VMBus diverting all access to the layer of an emulated device. This makes communication more efficient but requires that the operating system supports the child partition functions Enlightened I / O. Unfortunately I don't know how to install the Hyper-V on Dell notebooks. If you you wan to know more information about Hyper-V, then please visit following link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...BTS.10%29.aspx