Thread: Acer Aspire One keyboard "Fn" problem

Acer Aspire One keyboard "Fn" problem

I am having the Acer Aspire One laptop and i am facing issue with the FN key of the laptop. I think the FN key of my laptop is not working. Because when i use the function keys for using multimedia features like increasing or decreasing volume, Brightness and other things. That simply not working. So there is Acer Aspire One keyboard "Fn" problem. If anyone has the solution for this issue then provide me also.

Re: Acer Aspire One keyboard "Fn" problem

You are having the Acer Aspire One laptop and the model number you have not specified in your query over here. Well according to you the function key of the laptop is not working. It seems to me like you are anew laptop user. So you are not able to use the FN key of the laptop properly. Dont worry in start every one faces the issue. You have to press the function key for using the multimedia features allocated on the F series key of the laptop.

For using the multimedia keys and features of the laptop you have to first prass the FN key and hold that as it is and after that press the multimedia key of the laptop. For eg. To mute the sound of the laptop. Press FN+Sound mute key on the keyboard of the laptop, same goes for the other things and setting of your Acer Aspire one laptop.

It may be possible that the FN key of your Acer Aspire One laptop is not working properly. So i will recommend you to contact to the service center of the Acer for this issue. If your laptop is still in the warranty period then they will fix this issue without charging you. I dont think so there is any other reason for this FN key issue with your laptop.

I think this issue can also be related with the driver software for the keyboard. May be the driver software of the keyboard for this Acer Aspire One laptop is damaged or corrupted. So Install the driver software of the keyboard in the laptop again. This will fix the issue. If not you can use the external keyboard with the laptop till the problem resolves.

I think you should do the system restore of your Acer Aspire One laptop. This FN issue will be resolved if this is related with the software or with operating system of the laptop. So restore the laptop settings on the date when the FN key was working properly. This will resolve the FN key issue of the ACER laptop which you are having. If not then it is a major hardware problem.